Serial Bracket for the VFD 2x20?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

No problem, I plan on purchasing the wide floppy cable from MO. Can I just snip away the end connector on the 4BR wires? Do you have any spare male serials I can get? I just need one of course and if I can get it from you, I'd rather do that then spend time driving to radio shack trying to find one. Boy I'm excited now that I figured everything out. Thanks!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

yes, you can just cut the cable.. make sure if you are going to do this, get the standard power cable to modify, it has all 4 cables in it still, where a +12V will not. Let me know when you order it, I'll throw one in.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

Henry, I am a bit confused.

You said you recommend me getting the VFD Wide Voltage and I would need a wide voltage floppy adapter to power it.

http://www.matrixorbital.com/products/a ... es/12V.jpg

I am going to also get the -4BR bracket which has three wires coming out of it and into a connector. The connector is a 4 pin one which of course does not fit the DB9 in back of the VFD. So I am going to snip off the connector and solder the 3 wires into a male serial connector.

I am going to power the vfd with the wide voltage floppy power connector.

Is this correct? What are you referring to in the post above? I thought I don't have to modify the power cables since they come modified?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

< edit > ok... I'm smoking crack here...

Just get the -4BR cable and I'll put in the RS232 connector for you so you can modify your -4BR cable... then the 12V power cable and then the display and all will be good...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

I am going to be ordering soon. Watch for my order and throw in the serial and any extra goodies for me! Also, please review my order just in case I ordered things that conflict or won't work.

Thanks for all the help.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

will do, just let me know when you oder... I usualy don't check them...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

Sent you an email Henry!