Any problems with 20x2?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

Hi,

I am planning on getting a 20x2 and I was reading as many posts as I could find. It seems that NOBODY out there seems to have this smaller model. Everyone talks about their 20x4 especially when referring to software. So my question is, are there incompatiblity problems with the 20x2 when paired with the major programs out there (lcdcenter, lcdriver, etc). Can these programs still output winamp stats, mbm, etc to a smaller screen without any problems?

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

I have a 20x2. LCDCenter and LCDStats work just fine. LCDriver would appear to as well although I don't much use it.

You're right to be a bit wary, but overall it's a non-issue. You will certainly find a thing or two that breaks, but most of this software is written by d00ds who hang out around here and would actually like to get your bug report, chances are you'll get it fixed by submitting a coherent bug report.

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

yeah, f*ck those bugs!!!!!

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

Say, do you think you can post some pics of your install and some examples maybe of what *you* use it for? I am going to order one in the next few weeks. I have a tinkering bug right now.

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

can't do that for 2 reasons:
1) I don't have a webcam or digicam
2) my LCD isn't been "installed" yet :wink:

check http://www.Bit-tech.net for a nice installation thingy (check articles or somewhere, it's by macroman, with a CF LCD, but you can use any LCD for it)