BTW, it's been running for over 83 minuts with no problems :smile:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

Yay :smile: Good.
The main reason I put it into my LCDtime program code is because I leave LCDtime on all the time for my serial display and I like seeing winamp stats when I turn it on. If I could only do a visualization *sigh*...

-special [k]

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

well, the one poblem was it never did go back to the time... tobe really good it should flip back and forth...?
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

ohhh and BTW... the software works pretty well on the GLK12232-25 graphic LCD :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

On 2002-01-21 23:58, Henry wrote:
well, the one poblem was it never did go back to the time... tobe really good it should flip back and forth...?
It should have before, but there was a bug that I just squashed that should fix it :smile:
"LCDTimewithWinampDisplayDR1r5.zip"

-special [k]

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

Can't wait till I get home so I can give it a whirl. Henry et al., did you have to dump any other winamp plugin's that are embedded into winamp or did this one just take control automatically. I have the LCdriver winamp plugin installed into winamp.

-Jay

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

Unfortunatly, because of the structure of LCDriver, you can only have one application writing to the LCD and that application has priority over any and all others. I didn't like turning off my LCDtime application for the winamp plugin so I put a little implimentation of it into the LCDtime program. Unfortunatly I can't get visualization info as of right now (using Visual Basic) so it is missing that :sad:

-special [k]

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

So basically what you are saying is that I should take the winamp visualization plugin .dll that i have installed, out of the plugin's dir of winamp before I try to run your new proggy. Correct?

-Jay

P.S. I LOVE your time app more than any others and I LOVE the fact that you've allowed me to use winamp without switching plugins. Keep'em coming man :smile: Throw a mobo monitor option, net stats and uptime into it and we're all set :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jay on 2002-01-22 12:48 ]</font>

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

You don't have to take it out, just disable it for the time being. I'm thinking of some interesting features... the only reason I am not showing netstats and all that other good stuff is that I ask when would I show it? I use the big time so I can check the time from afar, I don't want to wait to see what time it is :razz:

Another problem that I can't really do anything about is the 8 custom character HD44780 limit. :sad: I would love to incorporate a DU meter into the display (like LCDUmeter on my site) but we'll see about that for later...

-special [k]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: specialk on 2002-01-22 15:31 ]</font>

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

On 2002-01-22 15:05, specialk wrote:
You don't have to take it out, just disable it for the time being. I'm thinking of some interesting features... the only reason I am not showing netstats and all that other good stuff is that I ask when would I show it? I use the big time so I can check the time from afar, I don't want to wait to see what time it is :razz:

Another problem that I can't really do anything about is the 8 custom character HD44780 limit. :sad: I would love to incorporate a DU meter into the display (like LCDUmeter on my site) but we'll see about that for later...

-special [k]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: specialk on 2002-01-22 15:31 ]</font>
You da man. :smile:

I actually like the small time format on your app. It's very cool neat and professional looking.

-Jay

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

Okay I tried it out and here's what I get.

F.Y.I. I am using winamp version 2.78 and this happens when I double click an .mp3 to start it up.

<a href="http://www.wcmark.com/files/winamp278er ... ">error</a>

Then the program errors and hangs the LCD screen.

-Jay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jay on 2002-01-22 16:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jay on 2002-01-22 16:21 ]</font>

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

On 2002-01-22 16:19, Jay wrote:
Okay I tried it out and here's what I get.

F.Y.I. I am using winamp version 2.78 and this happens when I double click an .mp3 to start it up.

<a href="http://www.wcmark.com/files/winamp278er ... ">error</a>

Then the program errors and hangs the LCD screen.

-Jay
Fixed in LCDTimewithWinampDisplayDR1r6.zip
It was a problem with retrieving the Winamp title. I downloaded Winamp 2.78 too and found that the string it says in the taskbar is "Winamp 2.78c". I was looking for a title that was greater than 11 characters, and that was 12, so it was causing confusion. All better now though :smile:

-special [k]

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

2 other things...
1. Thanks for telling me your Winamp version, I wouldn't have tracked down the problem otherwise :smile:
2. Nice wallpaper!

-special [k]

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

Up and running absolutely perfectly. Very, very nice work. Keep'em coming man, you have the best plugin's. Keep incorporating more and more plugins into it. :smile:

-Jay

P.S. Thanks, a friend of mine did the wallpaper. Check it out <a href="http://necrosis.deviantart.com/gallery">here</a>. He's extremely talented.