Can a vfd be FLUSH mounted in a Lian Li bay cover and other

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

Hello. I have a Lian Li PC65 and I want to place a Matrix Orbital VFD in my empty 5 1/4 bay cover.

1. Does anyone have verfication that this is possible? I mean specifically with the Lian Li covers. They don't really have any special features that would distinguish them from other cases except the side tabs are a solid piece and they come out then in. I can provide a picture if needed.

2. What is the largest size I can get that would fit behind a SINGLE 5 1/4 cover? I assume 20x2?

3. If I purchase the mounting kit, will this allow me to mount the VFD FLUSH? Note the emphasis on flush. - or - will I have to place it behind the hole?

4. What other accessories will I need in addition to the LCD and mounting kit? Power connection (or modify my own floppy one right?) and serial cable?

Thanks to Henry for answering some of my questions before. I am just trying to understand everything to a T before I order.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

2. Yes 2x20 LCD/VFD

3. It will help you mount it. THe only problem I see is holding it in place. To mount the LCD you will need screws to hold it in place on the bracket.I would recomend carefully cutting the window hole out and have the filter flush with it then gluing some stand offs on the back and mounting the vfd that way... think of it as a stealth mod... :grin:

4. 12V Power Cable, VFD VK202-25-V(wide Voltage), Serial Cable, MK2021 mounting kit, Filter :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital