LCDriver SendCharater.

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Dung
LCD?

Post by Dung »

Thank to Henry I can now post (yay).

Anyways.

I was too lazy to write my own serial i/o program for anything, so I tried using lcdriver to play with the GPO's on my new 204-25pc and found it had no direct support. So i wanted to use sendcharacter and noticed it strips anything not within a range of characters so you can only use it for the custom chars and the standard letters and such. Anyways, I went and took out that limitation so I can now send 254+W/V or whatever else to send direct custom commands to my LCD.

I realize this kind of breaks the universal compatibilityness (is that a word?) of lcDriver, but if you are trying to make a quick program for your own use on your own LCD I find it handy.

Let me know if you want info on how to change it.

Also gonna post some pics of my LCD installation later.

specialk
LCD Guru

Post by specialk »

I'd love to see some info on how to modify it to work... I've encountered that problem before too (having higher-range character screwed with).

-special [k]

georgix
LCD?

Post by georgix »

I would also like some info on this: it would be nice to be able to use the entire character set of my vk202-25. Using the custom characters is do-able but not very elegant when the characters already are defined.

Anybody know if this will be changed in lcdriver 2.0?