VK204-24-USB support in LCD Tester?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

GermanMan
LCD Geek

VK204-24-USB support in LCD Tester?

Post by GermanMan »

Can you add the VK204-24-USB to the database of devices in LCD Tester?

With the VK204-25, I don't get all the features the manual v1 indicates I should have (like setting the bootup splash text). With the LK202-25-USB, I only get to define 2 lines.

Johnny1
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Johnny1 »

Hi GermanMan, I have just updated the database file as you requested. Please follow this link http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtop ... =9552#9552 to the latest database file. Thank you for pointing out the missing diplay.

I just want to remind you that currently Display Tester does not cover the new functionalities of MX2 displays such as advanced GPOs, 1-Wire, and Custom Character Start-up screens. This is currently on the works, and it shouldn't be too long before the new version is released.

Thanks again.
Johnny Patino
Software Developer
Matrix Orbital

GermanMan
LCD Geek

Post by GermanMan »

Thats cool.

So long as I can get the startup-splash screen programmed, I'll be happy. The rest will be tied in via Girder anyway.

GermanMan
LCD Geek

Commands to the VFK204-24-USB, manual v1.0 and display testr

Post by GermanMan »

Now that I've had a few more hours to play with the display, I have a few questions.

We are aware that the manual for the VK204-24-USB version 1.0 is not entirely accurate as it indicates the need to make the power jumper connections and disconnections to use the standard expternal floppy power cable with the unit. As a result - I'm viewing everything in the manual with a bit of skepticism.

Particularly - page 26, setting Brightness - the table seems reversed as a brighness of 0x00 is brightest and 0x03 is dimmest, contrary to whats printed.

What I'm intreested in is setting the brightness as a default setting at startup, however the manual indicates that the set brightness is NOT usable with the 'REMEMBER' feature since its missing its R designator (manual section 7.1.2 on page 26 of man. v.1.0)

In LCD Tester, as the software reads out some data about the module, it indicates:

Save Contrast - yes
Save Brightness - no
Backlight - yes

The VFD obviously has no backlight and I suppose the contrast is also meaningless whereas brightness is what one sets.

So my question is this:

Is there any plan to support a saving of the brightness setting that can be 'remembered' so that it affects the power-on splash screen?

Is there any existing software package that supports using the temperature probes, connected to the 1-wire connectors I presume, to read temperatures? Am I right to note the temp-probes Matrix Orbital sells connect to the 1-wire ports? I'm interested in getting some 'case closed' temperature readings from my Graphics Processor.