Whooo!
LCD?

Post by Whooo! »

Hey folks, just found an LCD for sale for

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Those are potentiometers, or pots. They are variable resistors.

You'll buy them and see three legs. The center one is the "wiper lead" which is shown as the lead with an arrow in the diagram.

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

Wow! Asking how to wire a parallel LCD on MO's forum, that's a bit like walking into a church and asking the vicar which knife he'd choose if he were taking part in a ritual sacrifice to envoke the spirit of some long past demon... :grin: lol but you've asked and I always like to help...

You don't actually need either of those pots... one will control the contrast and another the backlight intensity, I've wired a couple of parallel LCD's up now and neither have needed these controls, i'd just wire, (from the lcd to a molex/parallel port)

pin 1 to earth
pin 2 to 5v
pin 3 to earth (max contrast)
pin 4 to pin 16
pin 5 to earth (write to the lcd only)
pins 6 - 14 to pins 1 - 9
pin 15 to 5v (this is the backlight's +ve voltage, may not be 5v check the datasheet)
pin 16 to earth.

Cheers,

r.

Braqua
LCD!

Post by Braqua »

Asking how to wire a parallel LCD on MO's forum, that's a bit like walking into a church and asking the vicar which knife he'd choose if he were taking part in a ritual sacrifice to envoke the spirit of some long past demon...
Maybe someone is hoping the vicar might consider starting a cult for this...ritual...and perhaps even sell the knives...

There's always hope. :smile:
--------------------------
Insert funny text here
--------------------------