Matrix Orbital LK404-AT and I2C bus

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

totorototo
LCD?

Matrix Orbital LK404-AT and I2C bus

Post by totorototo »

:roll: Hello evrybody !
first of all i would like to excuse me for my english, i'm french and i speak english jsut a little bit !

the situation is that i would like to command the matrix orbital via the I2C bus, I'd read all the technical documentations, all forums in order to have all informations to make it works correctly ! but it doesn't works as i wish !
I don't think that the problem is coming from my I2C software, i use it to make work two MAX6955 (led drivers, 7segments drivers and keyscan) which work too via I2C! and it works great !!

So if someone could help me by saying me a good I2C sequence to make the matrix orbital works great, it will be cool !!!!!!!!!!

For the moment my I2C sequence is :

1: Start condition
2: Slave @ (matrix orbital = 0x50)
3: preffix command ( 0xFEh)
4: command (for example blacklight of : 0x46)
5: stop condition

my serial clock frequency is almost equal to 30kHZ, on the 9th bit clock(Fsckl) i read a acknowledge from the matrix orbital.
Nothing is gonning on !! on the LK404-AT's screen there is always the start up screen !!

so if you could you help me it will be great !
thanks a lot !
thomas

PS: to make a reset people shoule use the manual over-ride jumper, i would like to know where it is !! i read the documentation and it isn't say where it is .
qu'est ce qu'il y connait aux femmes Rick Hunter?