power it up, backlight on, all characters on

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

i've tried the power config of the 5v and 12v and get this result
i power up my lk204-25, and all i get is the backlight on, and every dot/character on. computer wont control it.

i try a normal disk drive power and get this
all it doesnt is stop the computer, slowly shutting down the power supply. (lcd flikers once, then off).

any suggestions? brown 4 pin on back, tried the different cables in the Accesories area.
thanks greg

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

guess you'll have to manually download the pictures to get them to load, stpid tripod

PyjamaSam
LCD?

Post by PyjamaSam »

I am well am having the same problem. I can power up the LCD using 4 AA batteries and I get a weird design on the screen, some times it is an all black screen, some times it is a weird design.

If I plug into my Computer Powersupply it just turns the computer off and the computer will not power up as long as the display is pluged in. I have a GLK12232-25

Any help would be great

Psychodaemon
LCD!

Post by Psychodaemon »

Normal diskdrive power???
havent you modifed the cable???

/Daemon

PyjamaSam
LCD?

Post by PyjamaSam »

The GLK12232-25 has 4 pins that can take a normal floppy power supply (yellow, black, black, red) I spoke with Henry and he confirmed that I could plug in that way. I can either use those 4 pins to power it or the +5 and gnd for the rs-232 connection. Both connections give the same results.

Although Pluging into the computer is much funner as it turns the system right off :-)

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2001-11-07 12:51, Polarsmurf wrote:
i've tried the power config of the 5v and 12v and get this result
i power up my lk204-25, and all i get is the backlight on, and every dot/character on. computer wont control it.

i try a normal disk drive power and get this
all it doesnt is stop the computer, slowly shutting down the power supply. (lcd flikers once, then off).

any suggestions? brown 4 pin on back, tried the different cables in the Accesories area.
thanks greg
Well, my first question is, how did you power it up initialy? What kind of cable did you plug in first?

PyjamaSam
LCD?

Post by PyjamaSam »

On 2001-11-09 11:22, Henry wrote:

Well, my first question is, how did you power it up initialy? What kind of cable did you plug in first?
I Initially powered up the LCD with a not quite enough power 4.8 v (300 ma) (it actually only put out 3.6v) ac adaptor... The screen came on (no back light), but It was still garbled (actualy the first time it was just pure black). I then went to the 4 AA batteries and still have the same problem.

chris.

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

ditto, mine will light up and show only blacklight and all dots on, with 12v and ground only, and 5v and ground only. with 12and 5v it kills the power supply. so i've tried every power config possible. Kinda poopy dont get to play with it. also, when on with full blackscreen and backlit, it is uncontrollable.

greg

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

please e-mail me (both of you)

henryj@matrixorbital.com
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

done

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

PyjamaSam:

Well, the GLK12232 is not as sensitive as the alpha-numeric line, but I don't remember stating that anywhere in the documentation. I believe that what is stated is 4.75 to 5.25 volts, and anything beyond that for any time (including a microsecond), runs the risk of destroying it forever. 4 AA batteries is definitely a destruction. An unregulated power supply (read wall brick) is at least probably a destruction - even if the final voltage is 3.6 volts, it might have started with something considerably higher (for more than a microsecond).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2001-11-14 14:53 ]</font>

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

ouch.

A moment of silence, please.

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

yea, one more lcd works, other is pos.