Display problem with BLK202A

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

I just got my BLK202A, and I have a major pb it's only displaying weird caracters. when i boot my computer it's find showing "Matrix Orbital etc ... " but as soon as I launch an LCD program (lcdcenter, winamp lcd plugin,etc..) it display only weird caracters. Any ideas where it could come from ?

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Don't consider this an offical Matrix Orbital answer, but it sounds to me like the baud rate set in your software doesn't match the baud rate set in your hardware.

There should be a utility on the CD to set the speed on the LCD, but by default I believe they ship set to 19,200.

Henry, feel free to correct me, just wanted to get an answer out promptly...

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

well after a few reboot something else is goign wrong :sad: the backlight is not on anymore and nothing is coming on the screen, it only blink once when I turn on my computer. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that some settings were store in a memory chip, is there a way to reset this chip ?

Dr_kazza
LCD Geek

Post by Dr_kazza »

What I would do, being a complete novice is

1) unplug all serial connections and turn on your pc with the MO plugged in.... if you don't get the backlight and the bootscreen.... OHDEAR!

2) if that works try booting up with the serial connector on if you have no programs running any LCD software then it should be in the same state as 1)

3) run the MO alphademo.

if that works then make sure that you have installed all the correct software etc. remember which com port your lcd is in and make sure the Baud settings are correct (probably 19200)

Kazza

p.s. Henry you big smell, my Coolermaster 210 (yes 210 not 201) has arrived... the dremmel turns up in a few weeks and then I'll post some piccies... I have my Rheobus working fine but it's just all hanging cables at the moment (ick)

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

i tried that and it's not working :sad:
but i'm not convinced yet that my unit is dead

Dr_kazza
LCD Geek

Post by Dr_kazza »

but at which stage did it not work?

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

Ok I found a solution to reset the memory chip .. I read the manual :smile:

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Hey all, looks like I don't need to be here any more :smile:

Cheers!!!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

eheh :grin:
Don't worry I still have another pb ( call me newbee ).
I installed LCDcenter and started to play around with it, but it doesn't seem I can use the 6 keys, any ideas ?
P.S : I tried the IO-test.exe prog and it didn't work.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2001-11-26 16:25, Darko wrote:
eheh :grin:
Don't worry I still have another pb ( call me newbee ).
I installed LCDcenter and started to play around with it, but it doesn't seem I can use the 6 keys, any ideas ?
P.S : I tried the IO-test.exe prog and it didn't work.
Try this, Open up hyperterminal, make sure to turn off hardware control under properties. Then type on the keyboard and you should have text appear on the LCD. Then start pressing the buttons, every one should have a character appear in Hyperterminal.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

Hmm from the hyperterminal to the lcd is working fine, but when i press the button on the lcd nothing happen :sad:

Dr_kazza
LCD Geek

Post by Dr_kazza »

you already know where to send my consultancy fee, after i helped your friend with his little problem :wink:

Darko
LCD?

Post by Darko »

hmm in fact the keyboard is "working", I have to press a key for several seconds ( 2-3 ) for anything to happen then it's sending at least 5 times the same command, any idea how to solve this pb ?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Try this, get some electrical tape and cut a strip off, where the keypad cable goes from the LCD to the front, place the tape between the metal and cable on the bottom, so no metal contacts the cable. If this doesn't work, please e-mail me.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital