Unable to activate Flow Control

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

dimitar
LCD?

Unable to activate Flow Control

Post by dimitar »

Hi,

I am trying to activate the Flow Control feature on GLK12232-25-SM, but without any success so far.

Here is a brief description of what I am doing:

In the beginning I am sending the following sequence to the LCD:

0xFE 0x3A 0x45 0x22

Later on, I am sending just text, intermixed with text cursor positioning commands - no graphic commands. If I am sending too much data (for example pressing a key very fast) the LCD starts to display garbage at some point. If I stop for a while and continue on a slower rate, then everything is Ok.

I have Hyperterminal attached on the communication line from the LCD (Tx) to monitor what the LCD sends back to my MCU - it never sends 0xFE. I can only see the key strokes and nothing else.
If I attach Hyperterminal on the other line (from the MCU to the LCD - the Rx signal) and start sending text, by pressing a key very fast, the text appears Ok in Hyperterminal, without any garbage, while at the same time nothing could be read from the LCD - the text is scattered across the screen.
I am using 9600 bps.

Am I missing something from the Flow Control feature?
I have special code on the MCU side, that checks every single byte, received from the LCD, and if it is 0xFE it will halt the transmission, until 0xFF is received.

So far it looks like the LCD never enables Flow Control.
Is Flow Control defined only for graphic commands?

Any help/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Dimtiar