LK204-25PC led lighting

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

wondering how easy would it be to swap those 2 LED's at the end that provide the white back lit with say... red LED's. any info? because i think i damaged one of the leds, it seems to be dimmer than the other and it shows on the screen.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

hmmm... might be possible. The only problem with the LK204-25PC backlight is it's one big piece. So cutting the leds off and replacing them with red ones would prove to be a challenge to do really well. But I believe it can be done.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

well from the looks of it, the 2 leds on the right side look to be simple leds that are glued into the the led backlight piece. I can visibly see where it could be seperated, who knows. don't think it's worth risking. Oh well!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

It can be done... just have to be care full :smile:The LEDs would have to be cut off perfectly straight and then the plastic filed to perfect smoothness and then the new ones glued on perfectly straight...

May the force be with you :smile:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

very very tempting, i have my lcd in my firebird and it has a red glow to the guages. It would be cool to put a red glow to the lcd thuogh.. hmmm.... I might look into it.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

let us know how it turns out... I'm almost tempted to try it here too... I'm sure I have a old dead one to "test" on...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

i'd rather someone test a dead one, then tearing mine out of my dash, trying it, and to find i fail. that would be sucky. oh well, let me know if you find a test subject.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

You have it in the dash all ready? How does it look.... one word PICS!!! :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

lol, i just went out to my car, battery is dead. And i just fried my 400watt power inverter, blah. I'll see about getting some pics later today, have to hook up webcam to the car, then network..etc.

jodynicH
Case Guy
Case Guy

Post by jodynicH »

heh sounds cool, hey Henry, thats what I was talking to you about a while back, changing the LEDs, I want the replace one with red, that would look awesome

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

can i get specs on the 2 led's used in the 204-25, the one with 2 leds on the side. So that way i can try replacing them with diff color.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Well first thing is they are 12V LEDs in the display right now. You could use 5V but would have to be creative in wiring them up.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

creativity.. blah, i'll find 12v ones

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

Polarsmurf
LCD Geek

Post by Polarsmurf »

oh yea, can you do me a favor and measure the wide of these things?