problem with display

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

amdhunter
LCD?

Post by amdhunter »

Is the LCD LK204-25PC compatible with LCDriver or any other Windows programs? I can't get the display to work because the baud rate seems to be set too high. Also, I cannot seem to find any confguration jumpers in the back of the unit to slow the speed down.

The Matrix Orbital demo also cannot communicate with the LCD under any circumstances, saying that it couldn't open COM Port2 and ending in an access vioaltion in Win2K.

Did I just end up wasting my money on this stupid LCD? I have had experience with C**********z displays, but went with you guys because I thought your products are better.

Thanks for any help.
amdhunter, kyroscreens.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amdhunter on 2001-11-23 18:26 ]</font>

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Well, first of all, place a jumper on the middle two pins of the keypad, then power the display up. Then youshould be able to turn on Alpha Demo, st the right Comm Port and se it at 19.2K speed. Try to turn the ack light on and off and see if you have comunication. If you do, take the jumper off, close alpha demo and run the program called speed (located on the CD or out website). Set the speed to 19,2K and press OK. I would recomend using LCDCenter 2.0 (one again, it's on the CD, or on the Website and linked to) and install it and run it.

Most of our displays do not have jumpers anymore, we use a memory chip to save and store settings, like contrast, speed, startup screen and so on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2001-11-23 18:43 ]</font>

amdhunter
LCD?

Post by amdhunter »

Thanks, I got the thing working fine now, it turned out to be a problem on my end, as my serial ports were not responding properly.

A quick (and much needed) format cleared things up. Thanks for the info though, and the LCD is really nice! Much better than the C**********z one I used to own. And I get more attention too.

=)

amdhunter, kyroscreens.net

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Good to hear, post some pics :smile:

Cheers...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital