GLK12232-25-SM No text or picture

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

tarou
LCD!

GLK12232-25-SM No text or picture

Post by tarou »

I got GLK12232-25-SM last week and trying to work stably, but could not.
It SOMETIMES shows the start up screen, but many times, NOT.

When the LCD is powered up with PC, it shows black (full dots are ON) screen. If I leave it, it goes strange status. Under the status, I can control back light or contrast, or download fonts, but not show any text or images. If I power off the LCD and on duling the PC is booting, I can see the start up screen and works fine. But once it goes to the strange status, even the overridge technic does not work. It returns to the normal status rarely, but it does. I do not know how to do it. It happens while I am trying to override the LCD. Very unstable. Please help. :cry:

PC:Shuttle SS51G
COM1: Rx, Tx, GND connected
PW:5v,GND from drive power connecter

I could see this rarely....

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

If you power up the LCD are all the pixels on ALWAYS? if yes, try using the contrast save program from the CD or the download section. If you unplug the display and plug it back in, will it do the exact same thing every single time? I'm not saying to reboot the computer just turn the display on and off?

you mod looks very very nice, hope you post it in the gallery too :)

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

When I got all black screen, the LCD can change the contrast, accept the font download, but never shows any text even after I adjusted the contrast. I can not draw graphic either. Once it entered this mode, after power off-on, it goes normal contrast without initial screen and never accept to show the text or graphics. :cry:

I will post in the gallery after I resolve this problem....

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Did you try to use the contrast save program and re save to the memory chip?

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

I tried. Under that situation, I could change the contrast, and could save the level. But could not write any text or image.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

1. Turn off the display
2. Put a jumper on pins 5 and 6 of the keypad connector (C5 and R1).
3. Power up the display. The baud rate is now set to 19,200.
4. Remove the jumper and change the RS-232 port settings to the desired baud rate.
5. Turn off the display.
6. Power up the display.

Try using this software to perform the following procedures. http://www.matrixorbital.com/download/DisplayTuner.exe

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

I am always trying the over ride method. To do that, I put a push switch between 5 and 6 pin. Well, it sometimes work, but in many case, it does not. I do not know why. One night I could not sucess, but next morning, it suceeded :oops: . Once it recoverd, everything works fine :lol: . But again, once it is powered up with PC, it goes again... Once it goes, I have to try the over ride process for several hours until it recovered.

When it goes to the strange status, still most function of DisplayTuner work, except print text function.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Are you removing the jumper from pins 5 and 6 before you send text to the display?

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

Yes, I did.

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

Update:

Once I could get it works, I send a text using mogd.exe, and shutdown the PC (power off). After that, I power it up, I do not get the initial scree, or black screen. :cry: Of course the LCD does not accept to show any text or graphic. It is time to RMA, right?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

It sounds like it is time to ship it back to Matrix Orbital for further evaluation! You can contact me at myero@matrixorbital.com and we will go through the RMA procedure.

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

Okay, I sent email.

Thank you.

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

Just one more question.

My power connector of LCD is connected to my PC.
When I power my PC on, LCD is also powered on.
In this case, I had no chance to see the intial screen.
I confirmed with my three PCs and never.

If I power my LCD on after PC was started up, it seems to be working.
But must be powered off before PC power off.

The LCD goes into wrong mode if I do not follow this procedure.

This LCD is my first intelligent unit, I am not sure this is normal or not.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

If you remove the serial cable and try to power the LCD and the computer at the same time, what happens then?

tarou
LCD!

Post by tarou »

Nothing has changed even if I do not connect the serial cable. Just got black or blank screen, depends on the LCD status, but never get intial screen.

So normal LCD should show intial screen, right?