henry-problem with my LK204-25PC

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

CyPher
LCD Guru

Post by CyPher »

ive had the display for a while now, but only started using the gpo's last night...gpo's 1-5 seem fine, but 6,7,8 are not working properily...

even without the serial cable plugged into the display, pushing any key causes 6,7,8 to turn on......i know theres no prob with my keypad cause i checked the whole thing with a continuty tester, and it reports 12 different letters in lcdc....and works fine controling any feature of lcdc....except with gpo's 6,7,8 are involved.

loading up lcdc causes 6,7,8 to turn of...until any key is pushed. (i can also turn the gpos of by loading the z console software.

i dont know what else to do with it..

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

being looked into...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

CyPher
LCD Guru

Post by CyPher »

cool.....i should note that i cant see anything physically wrong with the lcd...scratches/burned out parts or what not...nothing at all..

i just spent two days wireing up the control center..and another evening trying to figure it out.....sure is cool to control winamp from the front of the case though...

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

I have the same problem here... nothing physical.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

As someone else who just bought the same display how concerned should I be? I know there is also the 'large digit bug' with this display, too. Do these displays have a flash bios or anything or how will I get these issues resolved with my display?

Thanks,
James

CyPher
LCD Guru

Post by CyPher »

thats a good question jleach....i hope it can be fixed....this is not jsut a mod, but im doing an article on it also....thinking back though, i should of tested the gpos when i first got it....o well, henry is on the case..he'll get it sorted...

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

99% of the people do not encounter most bugs... in this case for you two (or who ever else really has issues with them) we will swap the displays with the newest code in them. (When we finish fixing the problem)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: henry on 2002-03-29 01:11 ]</font>

CyPher
LCD Guru

Post by CyPher »

Henry...i just sent you an email.

Subject: CyPher LK204-25PC problem