C++ control

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Newman
LCD?

Post by Newman »

I am trying to control a LCD with a PC104 board running a real time operating system called QNX (some linux derivative), which is new to me. Right now I can do a C++ 'hello world' program on QNX running ontop of a win98 desktop machine(utilizing the video driver and card of win98, magically) . QNX is a bare bones OS that uses a microkernal where only needed drivers and the like are loaded. It uses it's own C++ compiler which I don't know much about. So basically I have decided keep my life simple and use the LK204-25. Write the C++ code that takes some global variable and displays it on the LCD. Looking at the manual it seems it's a matter of just outputing the right binary combo, right? Am I in a load of trouble when it comes setting up serial comms to in order to talk the LCD? Is that usually simple code? Sorry about being long winded, but I am sure there's something I am overlooking or have no clue what/who to ask. I just don't want to end up with an LCD that I can't get to work.
Thanx in advance for any tips or experience!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Well, you probably have to install the serial library, since it's a micro kernel. Also, you have PM.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital