Screen Editor and bitmaps

FTDI/Bridgetek EVE2 & EVE3 & EVE4 SPI TFT Series by Matrix Orbital

Moderator: Mods

raffaeler
LCD?

Screen Editor and bitmaps

Post by raffaeler »

Hello, I am trying to use the Eve Screen Editor 4.4.0 (the latest RC, build Nov 28, 2022) but have some problems in loading bitmaps.

Please note that I already flashed the flash blob at the 0 address and verified it is correctly loaded using the Assets Builder.

Case 1: loading JPGs
If put a jpg file into the content window, I can drag on the preview window and upload to the physical device correctly.
But if I change the property from "Embedded" to "Flash", when I "Write Flash Content" I get the following error: "ERROR: illegal alinment in cmd_flashread()".
Q1.1: why can't I flash the memory with a jpg file? How can I solve this?

Case 2: converting the image and loading as ASTC
I converted the jpg into 12x12 ASTC compressed format using the Assets Builder.
The original image is in the same folder of the converted images (I read on the PDF to do this).
Now I load the ASTC (.bin file) in the content folder, set the converter to "Image" but I already see a problem.
Under "Information" an error appears: "ERROR: AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'close'") Error: Failed to load image preview.
If I drag the image (which is tagged with the error icon) on the screen, I see a rectangle filled with garbage.
If I send the screen to the physical device, I also see the image rectangle filled with garbage.
If I set the image "Storage" property to flash and then "Write Flash Content" to the device, it works (but the image is garbage)
Q2.1: How can I get rid of the "AttributeError"?
Q2.2: How can I use ASTC or raw images in the Screen Editor?
Q2.3: Does the Screen Editor support previews when using raw/astc images? How?

Case 3: adding a jpg after case 2
Now I have the Content window with the ASTC image from case 2, but I remove the image from the screen preview
I then add to the Content window a jpg file
The Status for the newly added jpg file is "Overlap". The image properties show me correctly the preview of the image.
Q3.1: What does overlap mean?
Q3.2: How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you
Electronic Engineer, Senior Software Architect, Speaker, Trainer

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Screen Editor and bitmaps

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Thank you for your post.
For software enquiries, please try Bridgetek's forum: http://www.brtcommunity.com/

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital