No touch response

GTT Designer Software Support

Moderator: Mods

jvank6
LCD?

No touch response

Post by jvank6 »

Hello!

I am currently working with GTT43A display. I have had a relatively smooth time using the software, and was able to generate and deploy the files to the display, and it will correctly display the starting screen of the program.

However, when the starting screen of my program is being displayed, the buttons are not interacting. For example: I have a button on screen one that navigates to screen 2 when pressed, but when I press the button, nothing happens.

I am curious if anyone has ran across this problem, or what may be causing the issue. I am using the ESCCPC5V cable purchased from the matrix orbital website, along with the mass storage USB connector.

Thank you in advance!

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: No touch response

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I am sorry for the delayed reply.
I understand that your issue had moved to a different problem now (as I correspond via email).
For posterity, your GTT maybe having touch calibration which could be caused by a misbehaving SD card.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

jvank6
LCD?

Post by jvank6 »

Yes, thank you for your response. I believe that I may have deleted the system folder from the SD. I created a new folder named "system" but it is currently empty. I am not positive what files were in the system folder, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the calibration issue. Do you recommend any steps for trying to retrieve these files? are they downloadable from the website?

Thanks in advance

jvank6
LCD?

Post by jvank6 »

Yes, thank you for your response. I believe that I may have deleted the system folder from the SD. I created a new folder named "system" but it is currently empty. I am not positive what files were in the system folder, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the calibration issue. Do you recommend any steps for trying to retrieve these files? are they downloadable from the website?

Thanks in advance

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

If you try to calibrate this time, you will have better chances of being successful.
GTT will automatically write the touchcal.dat when it finishes a successful calibration.
This file is specific to your GTT unit and therefore is not downloadable, or something you can just copy to the unit.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital