Screen Locks Up

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

Nick01
LCD?

Screen Locks Up

Post by Nick01 »

Running a program on the GTT43A, the GTT43A has 4 dynamic labels and a gauge. The 4 labels and the gauge are updated once per second. Everything works fine for 394 seconds and then it stops updating and doesn't register touches. I assume that it runs out of memory at this point. If anyone knows what I need to do to prevent the screen from becoming unresponsive, help would be welcomed.

Additional Information
-Commands for updating the gauge and labels come from an Arduino over TTL at 115200 baud rate.
-The arduino waits for 50 milliseconds after every command.
-Using the "Clear all buffers" command does not work.

Nick01
LCD?

Re: Screen Locks Up

Post by Nick01 »

Fixed it, turns out it was flow control being on.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Nick,

I'm glad to hear you were able to fix the issue!

Out of curiosity, what GTT Designer build are you running? Also, are you using GTT2.5 labels and Gauges, or are you using Legacy GTT2.0 labels and gauges?

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Nick01
LCD?

Post by Nick01 »

Unless a new build came out in the past 2 weeks, the most recent build. GTT2.5 Labels and Gauges.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Nick,

Sounds like you're running the most recent release! Just a piece of advice just in case you aren't already, I suggest you continuously read the returns from the display. Every time a label or gauge is updated on screen, the GTT will generate a return message and place it in its return buffer to be read, and the only way to clear that buffer is to read those messages. If the return buffer fills up, the GTT won't be able to execute or respond to any more commands and therefore, it may appear like the display has locked up.

Just some precautionary advice as you develop you application!

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital