GX Typhoon dosn't work on KODI

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

deciccoa
LCD?

GX Typhoon dosn't work on KODI

Post by deciccoa »

I have installed a Matrix orbital GX Typhoon display. I would like to use LCD Studio to develop my personal Layout for KODI. In the LCD Studio software there is no plugin for listening KODI running. Is there any solution? I know there is the possibility to add custom scripts, but I do not know how to do it.
Thanks

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: GX Typhoon dosn't work on KODI

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hello deciccoa,

As of now, there are no LCDstudio plugins that can be used with KODI/XMBC. It does seem like KODI provides information to be listened to, which means a plugin may be possible. All the components seem available to create a plugin, someone just has to take the time to write it.

I suggest you take a look around the LcdStudio forums. There you can find information on writing your own plugins. I also suggest that you take a look at the Kodi/XBMC forums for more information on what information can be listened to.

As well, it should be noted that there are plugins for KODI/XMBC using both LCD4smartie and LCDProc. The LCD4smartie source code is available which may be of assistance for you.

Lcdstudio forums: http://www.lcdstudio.com/forum/

Kodi forums: http://forum.kodi.tv/

Lcdsmartie plugin: https://kodi4smartie.codeplex.com/

Lcdproc: https://superrepo.org/kodi/addon/script.xbmc.lcdproc/

Thanks,

Best of luck,

Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

andmc
LCD!

Post by andmc »

Media portal has a plug in called mini display maybe you can utilise the code for kodi

deciccoa
LCD?

Post by deciccoa »

andmc wrote:Media portal has a plug in called mini display maybe you can utilise the code for kodi
Thanks!!!
Unfortunately i'm not a developer so i really don't know where i can download the code and how to use/modify it.

deciccoa
LCD?

Post by deciccoa »

Can anyone help me???

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello deciccoa,

As I understand things, your GX is operational, but there is no LCDStutio plug-in for your specific software and your software doesn't support the GX natively. There are a few things you can do:
  1. Use another media program. Media Center and iTunes have plug-ins for LCDStudio, and Media Portal supports the GX natively, and quite nicely (Thanks andmc).
  2. Submit a plug-in request to the LCDStudio community.
  3. Create your own plug-in for LCDStudio using the SDK guide.
If you explore option 2 or 3, you may want some examples of the Kodi API; I found a good resource here. Additionally, Daniel wrote up a quick how-to on creating and using custom variables in LCDStudio here (Thanks Daniel).

There are a number of good options here that will allow you to display media information on your GX, if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the display, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

andmc
LCD!

Post by andmc »

Did anyone ever get this to work in Kodi
Many thanks
Andmc

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Andmc,

It looks like no one has developed any Kodi plugins for LCDStudio just yet.

We have released the GX Typhoon DataPlugin and WidgetPlugin creation guides (taken from LCDStudios Forums). Hopefully it will inspire an enthusiastic members of the Kodi community to write up a few plugins and post them on the forums!

You'll be able to find the DataPlugin SDK guide here.
and the WidgetPlugin SDK guide here.
Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital