Burnt BLK202A..PLEASE HELP

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

dapper_don
LCD?

Post by dapper_don »

After weeks of anticipation I fianlly decided to finally hook up my BLK202A [, a new modded case that I just finished. Unfortuanletly I mistakenly used a floppy connector. Unfortunaley my precious BLK202A went up in smoke. Now there are holes on the biggest chip on the board. The backlight is the only thing working on it now.
I wanted to know if this is something that can be replaced or easily repaired. Does
warranty cover this? Please Please Help..

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Unfortunatly this is not covered under our warranty policy. It also can not be repaired. This is because the traces might actually be ruined as well as the chip. I can offer you a 20% discount on your next purchase if you wish to do so. E-mail me (alintott@matrixorbital.com) and we can discuss the proceedure. I am leaving the office in an hour so I might not get back to you until tomorrow. Have a good day.
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

As Adam said, the display cannot be repaired, I wish it could. But all you will have to do is buy a LK202-25-V, and you will be able to reuse the pcbay insert and the cables.

Please e-mail me, I might be able to help you out, I have some older displays here I could give to you at a good discount...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2002-03-10 15:21 ]</font>

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Drapper - Mail me please Matthew@DPS.uk.com