More LCD0821

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

aGuy
LCD!

Post by aGuy »

Hey. On my MO CD, I found a picture hidden in the LCD0821 manual directory...it described 2 pins stickin' out of the back of the LCD that weren't described on the actual manual page...but all it said was "Vcc" (I'm guessing voltage) and "Output" (could be ground?). I'd like to know what this is used for. Thanks :wink:.
The
 Best
  Signature
   Anyone
    Could
     Possibly
      Make

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

this one?

Vin and +5V are the power inputs, only one can be used. The right most hand conenctor is the power/ground and I2C. The left Is power, grouna and serial. It's done so either can be used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2002-02-10 22:59 ]</font>

aGuy
LCD!

Post by aGuy »

No, not that one. This was a gif I think. Even farther right...what are those two pins?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

GPO.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

aGuy
LCD!

Post by aGuy »

eh? :???: Go Post Office?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

General Purpose Output (GPO)

The GPO is meant to be used as a pair. The positive side of the GPO is connected to a power source of +5Vdc supplied by the module at 20mA. The negative side of the GPO is capable of finding a path to ground through a 240 ohm resistor. This resistor will limit the current flow through a GPO to approximately 20mA in the event of a short circuit. If the device which is being driven by a GPO requires a relatively high current (such as a relay) and has an internal resistance of it
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Krumthi
LCD?

Post by Krumthi »

okay, I might be stupid to ask this question but I really don't understand the manual too well it is saying to use a serial port. I know that you have to mod the Floppy drive cable to get the power for it, but how do you get the interface of the unit from there to the computer? How would you get a serial port to this product. is it my understanding that it goes on to the 3 pin jumper on the left hand side of the product? if so how do you mod the serial connection to get it to work.

If you think I am dumb for asking this please say so!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

there is a number of ways, one, use a strip header and cut the and off a serial cabe and solder pin #2 and pin #5 to the header...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Krumthi
LCD?

Post by Krumthi »

okaylet's try another way since that made no sense to me!

Krumthi
LCD?

Post by Krumthi »

okay let's try another way since that made no sense to me! and please let me know what you meant by " cut the and off a serial cabe and solder pin #2 and pin #5 to the header... "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krumthi on 2002-02-20 17:54 ]</font>