Processor Used

Moderator: Mods

jpmargis
LCD?

Processor Used

Post by jpmargis »

I'm thinking about using the DevDevil for a standalone product prototype, i.e. no connection to a PC. From reading through other posts, I know it has an Atmel processor. But which one? Also, what development environment does Matrix Orbital use for the software on the DevDevil? And, will I be able to get a schematic and PCB drawings so I can add my application specific hardware interface?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Our code sits in the atmel, you get not control over that cpu except for sending commands to it over serial or i2c.

If you want to use it standalone you'd have to drive it with your own cpu doesn't really matter that much what you use aslong as it does i2c or serial.

jpmargis
LCD?

Post by jpmargis »

How about answering my questions and letting me decide what I can and can't do?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

How about showing civilized manners?

But I'm in a good mood I'll answer them point by point if that makes more sense to you:
I'm thinking about using the DevDevil for a standalone product prototype, i.e. no connection to a PC. From reading through other posts, I know it has an Atmel processor. But which one?
We do not support customers putting their own code in the atmel on board, so knowing what chip we use is irrelevant, but since you seem that determined to know its an 8535
Also, what development environment does Matrix Orbital use for the software on the DevDevil?
None, we offer the dev board for easy hookup to the platform you prefer to work with, allowing easy switching between the supported communication interfaces. We do not offer any development tools or support for replacing the code in the controller on board. The board will always have to be driven by an off board device using the serial or i2c interfaces using the protocol described in the manual.
And, will I be able to get a schematic and PCB drawings so I can add my application specific hardware interface?
No, all pins on the board available for external interfacing are documented in the manual. We do not provide schematics for any of our products.

jpmargis
LCD?

Post by jpmargis »

Congratulations! You just blew the sale of one DD-DB1-AV204A and 5,000 AV204As. :D