GLK19264-7T-1U returns incorrect size on download command

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

dr21702
LCD?

GLK19264-7T-1U returns incorrect size on download command

Post by dr21702 »

Hello,
I have encountered what appears to a bug with the download command on the GLK19264-7T-1U.

According to the documentation, the download command (0xFE, 0xB2), should return a 4 byte size followed by the bytes of the file, however whenever I use this command to first byte (MSB) of the size always comes back as 1 everytime.

For example the first built in font on the GLK has a size of 904 bytes. When I issue the download command I get the byte sequence of 1, 3, 0, 0 followed by the 904 bytes of the file. The second byte is correct, but the first byte should 0x88, not 1, as 0x388 = 904.

I've been working around it by using the file directory command (0xFE, 0xB3) which does return the correct file sizes.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or could this be a bug? I thought this might be a communications problem but I am getting all the bytes of the download correctly as the bitmaps from the data are all good, and other commands all work as expected.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi dr21702,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I will try and reproduce what you found and get back to you.

edit:
I have reproduced the problem; and you are right; it IS a bug. I have already found the culprit and will now look more closely and test. Once deemed good, we will release a firmware update.

I also checked the file directory command, it does represent the correct length; so yes please, for now use this as a work around.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

dr21702
LCD?

Post by dr21702 »

Raquel wrote:Hi dr21702,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I will try and reproduce what you found and get back to you.

edit:
I have reproduced the problem; and you are right; it IS a bug. I have already found the culprit and will now look more closely and test. Once deemed good, we will release a firmware update.

I also checked the file directory command, it does represent the correct length; so yes please, for now use this as a work around.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Thank you for your help, I'll keep an out for the firmware update.