MOP-GL24064A-BGFW - Power Requirements

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

MikeSD
LCD?

MOP-GL24064A-BGFW - Power Requirements

Post by MikeSD »

On the product page, where they list the display specs and display the Buy button, they list this display module (MOP-GL24064A-BGFW) as a 5V display, with parallel interface.

However, when I look at the generic manual for the MOP series, it shows a power supply connection that displays a 5V only connection diagram (with negative supply on PCB) and another connection diagram (without negative supply on the PCB) that looks like it requires a negative supply. The datasheet is really not very clear on this.

Does this board (MOP-GL24064A-BGFW) require 5VDC only, or do I have to supply a negative supply also?

I am looking for a board that runs from 5V only and has a backlight. It must be a parallel interface. It must be one of the 240 x 64 boards with 180mm width.

Thanks,

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

This has recently been brought to our attention through another customer. The 240x64 displays we provide have been equipped with the negative voltage generation circuit, and output on pin 20. The datasheets will be updated to reflect this in the new year.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

AlphaByte
LCD?

Re: MOP-GL24064A-BGFW - Power Requirements

Post by AlphaByte »

MikeSD wrote:On the product page, where they list the display specs and display the Buy button, they list this display module (MOP-GL24064A-BGFW) as a 5V display, with parallel interface.

However, when I look at the generic manual for the MOP series, it shows a power supply connection that displays a 5V only connection diagram (with negative supply on PCB) and another connection diagram (without negative supply on the PCB) that looks like it requires a negative supply. The datasheet is really not very clear on this.

Does this board (MOP-GL24064A-BGFW) require 5VDC only, or do I have to supply a negative supply also?

I am looking for a board that runs from 5V only and has a backlight. It must be a parallel interface. It must be one of the 240 x 64 boards with 180mm width.

Thanks,
Take the information found in the MOP-GL24064R and apply it to the
MOP-GL24064A.

AlphaByte
LCD?

Post by AlphaByte »

I attached an image that depicts the voltage tripler interface but it
failed to display on the forum.