write only what has changed from last write.

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

evy
LCD?

write only what has changed from last write.

Post by evy »

Hello!
I have a Glk240128-25 graphic lcd. I want to write only right side of the screen without clearing the whole display. The right side changes so I was thinking maybe there is a way to unclear pixels. I couldn't find it on the manual. Also, manual says the graphs have this function of writing only what has changed. How does it do that, what is the command? Does anyone know? I am new to programming as well, so maybe there is a way I haven't thought about?
Thanks .
E.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Evy,

Thanks for your question, good to see that you are exploring the graphic capabilities of your GLK240128-25 display. I believe there is one rather simple way to solve the problem that you are faced with, and clear only half the screen. You can experiment with the Draw Rectangle command in section 8.6 on page 31 of your manual. This will allow you to draw rectangles over portions of the screen that you would like to clear. Hopefully this technique will prove effective in your application, but if you have any further questions, please feel free to post.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital