Fronts/inserts for GLK19264-7T

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

nomore
LCD?

Fronts/inserts for GLK19264-7T

Post by nomore »

Hello

I'm thinking about buying a couple of GLK19264-7T-1U-WB for a project I am working on.

The displays will be mounted in walls and doors to enable control of certain systems and, of course, display important and relevant information.

But, the product images and information does not show any fronts og inserts for mounting of the display. Does this mean I'll have to cut holes for both the display and keypad?

I would love a similar mouting option like the pc bay inserts. That way it will be easy measuring and cutting a hole for it, and mouting it.

Would this be possible, or as a custom order?

Thanks for any suggerstions and answers :)

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi nomore,

Thanks for your post.

In case you have not found this, here is the technical manual with drawing:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/GLK ... 9264-7T-1U

We will have mounting brackets available for the GLK19264-7T-1U available in about 6-8 weeks if you wanted to wait for one of those.

If you prefer to make your own, you would need to cut a hole for the display and for the keys.

I do not yet know the price, nor do I have dimensional information on the bracket. I will not receive that until the time of sale.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Kind Regards,
Clare

nomore
LCD?

Post by nomore »

Thanks for the reply.

6-8 weeks is a long time to wait, so I'll probably order the display first, and the insert later when it's available.

As a follow-up-question, and a bit off-topic. The display is going to be mountet a couple of meters from the computer. How long can the serial cable be for it to work? In experience USB would be between 5 and 10 meters, depending on power from the USB-bus or external power source. 5 to 10 meters is just about far enough, but I would prefer serial.

So, would a serial connection work within 5 to 10 meters?

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

If you were to use a good quality cable and talk slower to the display (9600 to 19200) you would be able to do around 5-10 meters or so when using serial communication.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Wolfenhex
LCD?

Post by Wolfenhex »

Clare wrote:We will have mounting brackets available for the GLK19264-7T-1U available in about 6-8 weeks if you wanted to wait for one of those.
Is the bracket available yet? Or do you know when it will be available?

I am interested in purchasing one (or more) GLK19264-7T-1U-USB-WB displays for a rackmount system, but you do not provide a mounting bracket from what I see.

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Wolfenhex,

I am waiting for an update from our engineering team on when this bracket will be released.

At this time we have had to reject several versions because they were not exactly to spec as we require. Hence why this release has been delayed.

We finish a sample, want to release, and then find out we have to do some more tweaking.

If the latest samples turn out to spec, my guess (and this is a guess) would be mid January for shipping.

I should find out more once the latest sample is in.

Thank you.
Clare

Closed Dec 22, 2007-Jan 8, 2008 for the holidays!