LCD temp monitor project

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

MrPG
LCD?

Post by MrPG »

Heya Guys,

I'm thinking of putting together a unit that'll read data from temp/fan sensors and output info like temp and fanspeed. Wondering if anyone would be able to help me plan this thing out. Basically I'd like to build a digital doc type device, but something that isn't just limited to displaying that type of info but could be switched to display winamp stuff or whatever....

thanks

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

there's a bunch of programs that do that, try LCDstats (my program) and LCD Smartie.

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

I think he means actually attach temp sensors to a microcontroller, which then controls the LCD and fans.

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

oh..

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Why not... if you have a IC controling several temperature sensors, and then have it display that information on the LCD. Then use the GPOs to turn fans on and off... over all it's not that hard to do... nice little project... :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

MrPG
LCD?

Post by MrPG »

sweet... yep thats what I'm looking for, a unit that drives itself no need for software.. but still with the options to recieve data from softare.... this i kinda a big project for me... I figure it'll take me a few months as I'm as new as newbies get.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Well.. get your self a IC with 2 RS232 ports... one to talk to the LCD, on to the computer... then a I2C port, to talk to temp sensors...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital