several lcd on one computer

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

can you tell me if it's possible to connect several diferent lcd screen on one computer? if it's possible can you tell me how ?

another question: what can we do with the 6 GPO on the BLK202A-4BR-BK ??? can we control fan or something? tell me what are the fonction of these GPO.

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

It is possible to use differint LCD's in one computer, you just have to have enough COM or serial ports free (the smaller version of the printerport). Mostly there are 2 or 3 ports in a regular computer, so if you don't have any other hardware using them, you can use as many LCD's as there are comports.
It could be that there is another method (by using the I

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

relix is right on about the GPOs, the ones on the smaller unit ar rated for 20 mA currnet, about enough to light an LED. The idea would be to use the GPO to turn on a transistor to drive a fan. And there is another thread here about it.

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

what is the I

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

I'm using a parallel LCD and a 12232-25 on com 2 at the same time, both driven by separate installs of LCDCneter - works very well :grin:

Cheers,

r.

Newman
LCD?

Post by Newman »

Anyone used I2C? Was it a pain? Can you use all the same programs such as LCDCenter?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2002-01-28 22:44, Newman wrote:
Anyone used I2C? Was it a pain? Can you use all the same programs such as LCDCenter?
No... to use I2C you require a special I2C card in your system, and they are not cheap. As well, no program has been written to handle I2C. I2C is mostly used in micro-processor and embeded systems.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital