Connector for MOP-GL12232D-BGFW

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

Michael Zoran
LCD!

Connector for MOP-GL12232D-BGFW

Post by Michael Zoran »

I'm a hobbiest and bought the MOP-GL12232D-BGFW to play with because I want to display arbitrary graphics with my project and none of the serial devices seem to have this ability(some allow you to upload bitmaps into EEPROM, but that isn't exactly arbitrary graphics in my opinion). I assume the reason none of the serial devices support this is because a serial connection doesn't have enough bandwidth to constantly upload full screens.

Anyway, I'm alittle stuck by the connector. It's alittle on the small side to put on a breadboard or to solder wires to each pin. Is a cable available somewhere that I can cut or do I pretty much need to design a custom PCB and get it manufactured at some a boardhouse($60-$80) just to do some prototyping?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Michael,

It's a pretty difficult task finding a connector for the pins. The spacing is 0.05inches. Your best bet is to get a pcb specially made for the pins.

Best Regards,
Last edited by Tom on Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Zoran
LCD!

Post by Michael Zoran »

Are you sure you don't mean 20mil or .020 inches? The number you quote is very small.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

sorry, I meant to put 0.05 inches.

Michael Zoran
LCD!

Post by Michael Zoran »

Is it possible to get the full mechanical specifications for the connector. The pin spacing, the pin size, and the distance of the connector from the edge of the display. Also, I noticed that the display has some tabs that look like that are ment to go through holes on the PCB and get hot glued in place. Can I get the size and position of these holes.

Otherwise, it looks like it might be required to use a digital caliper on the unit to get all the measurement, but this seems alittle error prone and it cost $$ for every PCB.

I saw a mention of a MOI series for two wire. With this series be cost effective and allow displaying arbitrary graphics at high speed without trashing the flashram of the display. Basically, I want to write my own GUI interface. I also want to display complex graphs that get updated at least 10 times per second in realtime.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Michael,

You can get the mechanical layout of the display on page 14 of the manual at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/MOP ... 12232D.pdf

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,