Module version

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Module version

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

I have a GLK12232-25SM Rev 1.1a. The module returns 21 as the module version. Does a relation between revision and firmware version exist? If so, what is it? :)

The only thing I could think of is (left to right) bit 1 to 4 high version number, bit 5-6 low version number, bit 7-8 suffix. (21 dec = 00010101 bin)

thanx in advance...

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Jer

There won't be any relationship between pcb revision and firmware version. The only relation is what firmware version will work with which pcb revision, but that is for us to know.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards, :D

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

Hi Tom,

To be honest, I don't really care which pcb version works with which firmware version. As long as it works I'm happy :)

But what I would like to know is how to tell the difference between the displays. (and of course the supported functions) The manual of the GLK12232 rev 1.1 and 1.4 is different, but how do I know which display I have when the version returns 21 as a value.

In short, what does the "21" mean?

Regards,
Jeroen

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Jeroen,

The version number saying "21" is the firmware revision. The actual firmware revision is 2.1, which may have a sticker on the processor with "2.1" printed on it. What the manual goes by is the pcb revision. The "get version number" command won't be too helpful to you for telling the difference. Our support website will indicate what manual you can download according to pcb revision. You can refer to the GLK12232-25-SM manuals at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/Manuals/GLK ... 232-25-SM/ .

Best Regards,

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

Hi Tom,

Thanx for your answer, but unfortunately it's not of much help. :(

For me it's "important" to know what features are supported by the connected display. (and not just the display I have) Based on the version number there's no way for me to know what the connected display is capable of.

For instance my display (rev 1.1a, firmware 2.1) does not support backlight brightness. So if I send that command to the display, all I get is a lot of garbage on the screen..... :(

Regards,
Jeroen

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Jeroen,

I will search the database tommorow, and find which firmware version belongs to which pcb revision then. Will that help you out?

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

Hi Tom,

Yes, that would be really appreciated! :D

Thanx in advance!

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hi Jeroen,

PCB revision 1.1a and 1.2 will have firmware revision 19 through 21 and PCB revision 1.4 will have firmware revision 22. I hope this helps! :D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Jeroen Vonk
LCD Guru

Post by Jeroen Vonk »

Hi Miles,

Thanx very much, this really helps! :)

Regards,
Jeroen

Miles