VFD2041 Question

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Derelique
LCD?

Miscellaneous

Post by Derelique »

Just a quick one, recently bought a MO VFD2041 here in Oz, and I am just wondering if I can attach any other probes or anything to it? (like the MX models) It's got 1 GPO apparently?? Sry, but I'm kinda new to this displays...just starting and I don't want to stuff it up, paid a bit for it. :wink:

Best regards,

Derelique :jawdrop:
any opinions express by myself is entirely my own and it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Derelique,

Only the usb models or the LK/VK/PK202-25 rev 2.0 or higher can have dallas one temperature probes connected to them. You can connect a device to the GPO like a relay or led.

For more detailed information on the VFD2041, you can refer to the manual at http://www.matrixorbital.com/files/VFD2041.pdf .

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post.

Best Regards,

Derelique
LCD?

Post by Derelique »

HI, I don't want to sound "stupid" :P but what is a relay? And with regards to LED, does it mean the LED bus that I see around you can buy separately?? Or do I have to make my own LED w/ wires which I am not confident about :) and do some programming to make it work? Sorry 'bout all the questions, like I said " I am a Noobie" :D

Appreciate all your help, don't worry I will come up with more questions. :lol:

Regards,

"D" :jawdrop:
any opinions express by myself is entirely my own and it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Derelique,

A relay is an electromechanical switch.

I wasn't speaking about the LED indicator bus, but just a single LED since there is only one GPO on the VFD2041. You do need to make your own LED connection. You will be able to program the LED with LCDC.

If you have more questions or concerns, please feel free to post.

Best Regards,

Derelique
LCD?

LED

Post by Derelique »

Okey here is another, can I use any LED's and solder it to a wire or cable? Can u give me an idea or anyone how to program it using LCD smartie or what wire to use since it's the only one that works with my VFD2041. (the pins that goes on to the GPO is like the temp probe connection you find in other LCD like L.I.S.?) You know what I mean?

"D" :jawdrop:

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Derelique,

You cannot use any LED. The LED must be able to turn on at a maximum of 5V 20mA, which is what the GPO is rated at. There are plenty of leds that will take 20mA though.

Unfortunately, I haven't worked with LCD smartie too much to explain how to set up the GPO in LCD smartie. However, you may be able to get a solution at http://www.lansley.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/ .

If you have more questions or concerns, please feel free to post.

Best Regards,
:D