LCD Stats Development

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

OK, I officialy feel like the bigest dumb ass... the problem I was having seemed to be a ID 10 T error... fan pluged in backwards... works great :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Macro
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Macro »

Ghoast - The keypad control seems to be ok. You will probably hate me for this but..could you put in the option to have keyboard AND temp control together please?

VFD brightness works fine, just the gui values go from 3-0 rather than 0-3.

The flashing cursor is still there. I assume the "backlight" option is the control for the VFD cursor. If so, the display goes blank when turned off and the cursor flashes when turned on. I haven't checked your source code but are you toggling cursor on/off or cursor flash on/off? I think cursor off blanks the display whilst flash off stops the flashing (obviously) From my own experiments it seems the most reliable way is to turn the cursor flash on and then off to garuantee reliable op.

http://www.bit-tech.net/macroman/lcdstats2.jpg

Henry if you want to see how "hidden" the display is I've boosted the contrast on this one.
http://www.bit-tech.net/macroman/lcdstats3.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Macro on 2002-01-10 16:35 ]</font>

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

Macro-i think i've corrected VFD cursor now. I'm working on the stuff Henry mentioned before now, i'll continue working on the GPO control later. I compiled v2.1.3, could you test if VFD cursor is correct now? http://w1.262.telia.com/~u26209407/2.1.3_exe.zip
That's not the final v2.1.3, just a correction made to the VFD cursor and some other stuff.

Macro
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Macro »

Cursor now works :smile:

Top man!

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

I made an installer for 2.1.3 even though it wasn't supposed to be finished as it is now. But it'll take a while before i am finished with the stuff i planned to do for this version so you who need the things i added for 2.1.3 should get this.
i added:
-activate GPO when new e-mail arrives
-a textbox telling you which keycode LCDstats received last.

Installer
Sourcecode

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

Version 2.2.0 is finished now, multiple POP3 accounts and expanded sytray menu is the new stuff. I also added an about box.
The links to the installer and sourcecode is the same as before.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

hmmm, I get the cursor on my LCD2041, you should turn off cursor...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

i'm working on the next version, it'll be fixed in that one.

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

I'm finished with 2.2.1 now.

-Added setting GPOs to different e-mail accounts.
-Fixed cursor (again) :wink:
-Added more info in the server response textbox. You can scroll through it also and it's cleared when you check your mail the next time instead of directly after a check.
-Added a commsetting config app because if you have com1 always busy by for example a UPS you won't be able to start LCDstats to change the comport since default is com1. Matthew Augier reported this error and a bug that made LCDstats read the comport settings after it'd already opened the default port and then setting it to your setting.

I hope all the e-mail stuff is working perfectly, i've tested it thoroughly before releasing it and had no problems with the account manager or the GPO activation. But if you find anything then please tell me.

Matthew also told me about a free installer called Inno Setup which i used for this version. It's a lot better than the VB installer which didn't even work for Win2K.

Links to installer and sourcecode are the same as before:
Installer
Sourcecode

edit: i almost forgot to say that you can't use the e-mail account data file called data.dat for this version since it now contains more information and therefore the old one will make LCDstats 2.2.1 crash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghoast on 2002-01-19 10:23 ]</font>

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

everything seems in order with my 12232-25-WBL :grin: Looking good matie,

Cheers,

r.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

After spending about 1hour playing with the software you will have a long list of suggestions/comments :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Glad you found the installer okay :smile:

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

LCDstats 2.2.2 is now finished.

-LCDstats now displays 'Checking e-mail..." when it's checking e-mail to alert user of what's going on. When checking is over and no new e-mail was found it displays 'No new e-mail' about one second, if it found new e-mail LCDstats goes into new e-mail mode like it did in the previous versions.

-Added ability to assign keycode to showing next screen, handy if you have screen flipping disabled and want to see the next screen.

-Added Winamp screen and control by keypad. The Winamp screen (2 screens if you have a 2 line LCD) doesn't show if Winamp isn't loaded.
You can assign keycodes to the following winamp actions:
Play/Stop, Pause, Forward 5 seconds, Rewind 5 seconds, Next track, Previous track, Go to end of playlist, Go to start of playlist, Increase volume and decrease volume.

-Added "Configure keypad" to systray menu.

Links to installer and sourcecode are the same as before.

edit: i forgot to say that the winamp stuff is not a plugin and does not require any settings to be made in winamp to work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghoast on 2002-01-24 09:53 ]</font>

Ghoast
LCD Guru

Post by Ghoast »

i found a bug which made LCDstats not return from e-mail mode to normal mode under certain circumstanses, i fixed it so if you downloaded the installer before i posted this you'll have to download it again, sorry.

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

Ok I've been testing her a little more... and well done - seems to be working well on my graphical LCD (12232-25 WBL). Like the new winamp screen (esp. the playing/paused indicator). The scrolling does look a little jerky on my LCD though and it might just be the refresh rate of the LCD but you can hardly read the song title because of the blurring (it's not really blurring it's weird), can I change the scroll speed anywhere?

A little pic (doesn't really help, though you can see something strange happening in the way it chose to redraw the first line mid scrolling).

(OT: doesn't my LCD look good? pulling the led slightly out of the hole seems to have remove the halo effect on the left hand side of the display :grin:)

Cheers,

r.