No Display Found

GTT Designer Software Support

Moderator: Mods

deanhuff1
LCD!

No Display Found

Post by deanhuff1 »

I am running in a bit of a non-standard development environment. I have Windows 7 running on a VirtualBox VM which is running from an OSX High Sierra iMac.

The GTT is hooked up via USB. The USB MO-GTT29A-TPN-USB device is shared to the VM. Windows sees the USB device as well as the Com3 serial port.

The Support app connects to com3. Test Connection from the support app works. All of the commands from the support app's commands page seem to work as well.

From GTT Designer when I click Detect Display I get a "No Display Found!" dialog. I've already upgraded to the latest firmware and boot loader off your webpage.

Any ideas?

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: No Display Found

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Dean,

I understand you recently purchased a GTT29A-USB display, and you're having difficulties connecting to the GTT Designer.

The GTT's Mass Storage USB header needs to be connected in order for the display to be detected. Have you connected both the USB Mass Storage header, and USB communication header to your Mac?

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

deanhuff1
LCD!

Post by deanhuff1 »

Yes, I have both USB cables hooked up. When I hook up the USB Communication Header the LCD illuminates as does a green LED by the USB header connector. At this point, I'm able to use the Support app to test connection and perform various commands. I've been able to place the GTT into Mass Storage Mode via the Support App. Once that happens, the windows VM recognizes the storage media and I"m able to read & write to the GTT's SD card. (I unplug the USB communications header to reboot the GTT and get it out of Mass Storage Mode)

Does the GTT need to be in Mass Storage mode to be detected by GTT designer? I haven't tried that yet.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Dean,

Please try connecting your GTT to your Mac, and opening a new project in the GTT Designer.

Once opened, could you check if the "Deploy" button is grayed out? If it is grayed out, please go to Tools>Switch mode. This should switch your display into Mass Storage mode, which can be verified by checking the Connection status at the bottom left corner of the GTT Designer window. It should say that the display is in Mass Storage mode.

Then, switch the display mode once again, and check the Connection in the bottom left corner of the GTT Designer. At this point, it should say GTT29A along with the current firmare that the display is running.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

deanhuff1
LCD!

Post by deanhuff1 »

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try this when I get home.

deanhuff1
LCD!

Post by deanhuff1 »

The deploy button and everything on tools menu (except open support tool) is grayed out in GTT Designer.

If I use support tool to put the GTT into Mass Storage Mode, wait for it to mount inside windows, then shutdown and relaunch GTT designer it starts and sees the device when I load a project. Stauts bar shows Connection: MassStorage. I can then use the deploy button to ship my project to the SD card.

The detect display button still does not work. Also, when in mass storage mode and a project is loaded, If I choose Switch Mode the status bar says: Status: Disconnected and the options on the tools menu grey out again. I then use Support App to put the GTT back into Mass Storage and GTT "sees" the device again. When in Mass Storage again, if I choose logging i get a NullReferenceException and GTT Designer crashes.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Dean,

I apologize for the delay.

During your development, are you running both the GTT Support Tool Application, and the GTT Designer at the same time?

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

deanhuff1
LCD!

Post by deanhuff1 »

Yes, I have them both open at the same time. Do I need to close out the support app?

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Dean,

The GTT can only be connected to one application at a time. If the GTT is connected to the Support tool, the Designer won't be able to connect properly.

Please try closing the Support App and try connecting to the Designer then.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

deanhuff1
LCD!

Post by deanhuff1 »

That worked, the front page now detects the GTT29A.

Thanks!