GTT Design Software 1.9.0.9645 Release

GTT Designer Software Support

Moderator: Mods

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

GTT Design Software 1.9.0.9645 Release

Post by Clark »

Matrix Orbital is proud to release a minor update to our GTT Design Software!

This is a minor upgrade that brings event reporting to all GTT25 style buttons, and improves screen loading through a global font option in your Project Settings. To get the most from this Designer update, please install firmware version 2.9 or later from the GTT Series Firmware page.

Look for an Events listing under each GTT25 style Button in your project Report file, found in your Output folder, in the following format:
  • 252 235 ReturnByteLength EventID ObjectID EventType

The Latest GTT Design Software tool is available for download now from the GTT Series Software page.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Druid
LCD?

Re: GTT Design Software 1.9.0.9645 Release

Post by Druid »

Hello, Clark.
Unfortunately the new update is a new error:
        - the button text change script (Button_setText) does not work (as well as other properties)
        - when moving between the windows appear glare of the old picture
        - bar graph GTT2.5 does not work ... when changing the value
Please, tell me how it can be solved? When to wait for the next updates?
Please give me a usage guide (protocol) for GTT2.5 objects and a description of the script file editor for each of these GTT2.5 objects.
Thank you in advance.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Druid,

I appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our latest Designer update, and understand that the new GTT2.5 features we have introduced have caused some issues in your design. I can confirm that we have a new release scheduled within the next week or two to clean up a few issues, including some you have raised here.

With regard to interacting with GTT2.5 objects, you will currently find most applicable commands listed in the Report.txt file within the Output directory of your project. The easiest way to navigate to that file is to use the Generate button in the Designer.

Now, to your specific questions:
  • I understand you are creating a custom script to update the text of a button. I see you are using the Button_setText command from the GTT2.5 list. Is the button you are applying that command to a GTT2.5 style button? You'll see GTT2.5 listed in the Type property of that button.
  • I understand you have noted a glare when moving between windows. Is this behaviour noted on the GTT? If so, would you be able to forward your project .xml file and/or Output folder so I can replicate here?
  • When changing the value of your GTT2.5 bar graph, which command bytes are you using? Were you able to find the command to change the Value property of that GTT2.5 object in your Report.txt file?
To forward your project files, you can reach me at tclark@matrixorbital.ca. For any further questions or concerns you may have, I'll be happy to answer here.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

Hello Clark,

I sent you a mini project =) two buttons of different styles. Am I correct for events? With the flicker of the screen I managed ... I need to make the brightness of 0 before processing the shape change event, and after the event processing make a delay of 500 ms and make the brightness with a value of more than 200.
In the output file Report.txt there is no information about changing the text of the button.

I would like to propose to each of the commands via the protocol to the monitor add the parameter controlling the permission for the feedback messages from the monitor.
Most of the messages from the monitor are not so important.

Thank you.

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

Forgot the slider ... look at the mail

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

I would like to know: will there be in the near future a series of GTT with a diagonal of 10 or more inches?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Druid,

I appreciate the project you've forwarded and see you are exploring some of the basic Designer features. We'll certainly take your general feedback into consideration for future releases, and I can help you solve some of the specific issues you've noted below.
  • I see you have a custom script attached to the up event of a GTT2.5 style button to change the text of that button from TEST2 to OK_2. I can confirm that the text, as well as the colour change you have implemented in your custom script are working well. With regard to the background colour, that button is using an image for it's background so that command is not producing a visible effect. I can certainly help you create the functionality you need here. What function do you have in mind for this button?
  • I understand you have solved your flicker/glare issue by dimming the screen. This is a good workaround, but if you would like please feel free to send a short video of the effect and I can dig into the issue further. Sometimes flicker can be caused by insufficient power, especially with our 7.0" unit, which draws more backlight current than any other.
  • Yes, when our bargraph was update to the GTT2.5 style we smoothed visual updates to that object by executing property changes from scripts only at completion. Unfortunately, when simulating loading updates from a custom script, the GTT2.5 style bargraph will only respond visually to the last update, after script execution is complete. This behaviour won't affect updates in real time, but we're investigating a way to bring back this bug turned feature to the GTT2.5 style object. For our simulation, you might try the legacy bargraph or an animation, as I've added to the corner of your demo below.
Finally, I can confirm that information regarding changing the text property of GTT2.5 style buttons will be added to the Report.txt file in our next release. Again, we have an update scheduled for either the end of this week or the beginning of next.

LoadingDemo.png
LoadingDemo.png (167.57 KiB) Viewed 38286 times

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Druid,

With regard to a 10", or larger, version of our GTT product, I can confirm that we do have some projects under development in the lab and do expect to grow the GTT line in the future. Currently, our focus is on our new HDMI and EVE2 (SPI) series, but we'll likely work our way back around to the GTT eventually. What type of project do you have in mind?

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

Hello Clark,

Thank you for your prompt and necessary support. =)

I noticed that the screen flashes more only when the form is unloaded having many different components.

I would like to add a few necessary functions and wishes:
1. Change the color of the button on any event (visual interface in the events do as it is done in the properties on this button).
2. Bar graph GTT2.5 would like to see the workers.
3. In my opinion, another interesting function is sequential writing to a file (.txt format) and reading large data sets (more than 255 bytes). Read and write the entire file. During recording, all data is erased and replaced with new ones. When reading, the entire file is read.
4. I wanted a monitor screen of 10 or more inches of the GTT series. You have a handy designer program and flexible (always with updates) protocol. So I'm for a series of monitors GTT with a large diagonal and a high-speed processor =)

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Druid,

No worries, thank you for all of the feedback you have provided here regarding our GTT line.

I can confirm that we have a fix coming for that flashing behaviour during screen loading. We have found that it occurs when the unit is performing load operations from SD memory at the same time it is updating the screen. We've added the ability to pre-load files for all screens before any updates start to alleviate this issue. Look for that option in our next release.

With regard to your feature requests, I'll certainly look at adding a basic or raw button to the Designer to allow colour changes; I think that could be a useful addition for other developers. I'll send some updates to you directly this week regarding your specific file transfer and display size needs.

With regard to the Bar Graph workers request you have here, would you be able to provide some additional detail regarding the functionality you'd like to access?

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

Thanks Clark,

The percentage display should change proportionally to the set bar graph value.

I want to know the time intervals:
1. Between the bytes of the frame (according to my measurements about 900 μs)
2. Between frames (according to my observations, you transmit all frames with one large array).

These questions arose when controlling the monitor with a microcontroller. If you submit commands not with one large array, but separately with each command, then a terrible picture appears on the monitor (commands are not executed or are not executed correctly). If you execute commands through stop points (sequentially), then the commands are executed correctly.

Could you give some recommendations in the time domain of queries?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Druid,

I appreciate the additional details you've provided and understand that you are working with what I believe is a Slice Graph object (a bar graph object with a percentage label) and need to know how quickly you can update the value of that object.

The amount of time the GTT takes to visually update a bar graph will depend on the size and type of the object. Small, basic graphs, such as the Bar Graph object, will visually update faster than large and/or complex graphs, such as the Slice Graph. The best way to test visual response times will be through testing.

That said, the GTT should buffer all bytes transmitted to it. The worst behaviour to be expected during testing is that the screen continues to update after you have stopped sending data. If you are noting a terrible picture on the GTT, especially when that behaviour is resolved by stepping slowing through your code, I believe a communication issue may be causing command bytes to be dropped.

I'd like to understand how you are communicating from your micro-controller to the GTT to provide additional recommendations. What protocol are you using, and do you have any flow control measures available?

Thank you,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

Hello Clark,
With the help of Timeguard Register of its controller, I managed to find time intervals and create a working connection with the monitor.

I'll wait for the update. =)

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Druid,

My apologies for the delay, you can now find a Designer update here.

We've added more loading options to the Settings window, which will allow you to pre-load your bitmaps and should alleviate some of the screen flickering you've noted. We have one more update planned to enable pre-loading of nine-slice images for objects like sliders which will offer even more improvement.

We've also added property and method information to the Report file that outlines how to change the text of a GTT2.5 style button.

Thanks again for all your feedback,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Druid
LCD?

Post by Druid »

Thanks to Clark for the kind words.