Creating account to buy directly from Matrix Orbital...

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Hitman
LCD?

Creating account to buy directly from Matrix Orbital...

Post by Hitman »

I posted in another forum about buying direct from Matrix Orbital, but I was worried about all the extra costs of tax and import charges as I live in the UK.

Some one said that if I knew some one who lived in the USA or Canada, then I could get it sent to them, then they could send it to me marked as a gift, bypassing the import charges, tax, etc.

It turns out that my brothers girlfriend has relatives in Canada, so Im gonna buy one and get it sent to them, then they are gonna send it to me.

But when I create an account to buy it from the site, what should I put in for the address information?

My name and address in the UK? Or the name and address Im gonna send it to in Canada?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

There is two sections, one is the billing information and one is the shipping infromation... just fill out the shipping page to the Canada and the rest to you and all will be good.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Hitman
LCD?

Post by Hitman »

Ok, thanks :)

Another thing, my brother and his girlfriend are visiting those relatives in Canada this week, and they get back this Saturday. If I order tommorow night (Tuesday), how long would it take to get to them?

It would be good if it could get to them before my brother leaves, then he could send it to me.

And also, how does this marking it as a gift work. Do they just wrap the package, lable it to me, and write "Gift" on it?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Depending on the display, but generaly if you order Tuesday, it will be there the next day to the major centeres in Canada, like Vancuver, or Toronto...

I'm not sure 100%, but probably writing a gift should be enough.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Hitman
LCD?

Post by Hitman »

Ive never dealt with a company so helpful, and prompt in replys. :D

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

:D
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

Hitman wrote:And also, how does this marking it as a gift work. Do they just wrap the package, lable it to me, and write "Gift" on it?
Generally when you're trying to post something overseas you'll be given a green customs slip to fill in, on this there's a box for gift, purchase (and maybe one other option). Sending it as a gift is as simple as ticking the gift box.

It depends what shipping method you're using, most couriers deal with customs in their own unique ways, so they'll have their own forms to fill out (and not the green slip).

Rob.