Few questions to ask if you dont mind

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Big-D
LCD?

Few questions to ask if you dont mind

Post by Big-D »

Hey guys, Im new to this kind of thing and i was wondering if some of you could help me with a few questions?

Firstly im a water filtration engineer and im looking for a way to display the rate of flow, temp, and pressure of water by means of an LCD screen.

Im looking at creating a LCD readout with a screen size of around 7" is this something that could be done?

Could you good folks help point this newbie in the right direction?

where do i start?

Best Regards

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

Thank you for visiting our site.

We carry an assortment of displays. We have alphanumeric (LCD and VFD) and graphic displays (LCD and TFT).

Our alphanumeric line is capable of displaying letters, numbers, European alphabet and a limited number of characters and symbols. With our graphic displays, you can display any bitmap you like and create any font and characters.

For your size requirement, the biggest we have in the alphanumerics is our
LK404-25. In our graphics, not quite 7" but our biggest, are monochromatic GLK240128-25 / GLT240128-25 or our full colour TFT display GTT480272A.

You will need to have a host / PC that will control and send the data / intelligence to the display.
Or, we also offer design services, where we can skip the host / PC and create an all in one solution for you.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Big-D
LCD?

Post by Big-D »

Raquel wrote:Hello,

Thank you for visiting our site.

We carry an assortment of displays. We have alphanumeric (LCD and VFD) and graphic displays (LCD and TFT).

Our alphanumeric line is capable of displaying letters, numbers, European alphabet and a limited number of characters and symbols. With our graphic displays, you can display any bitmap you like and create any font and characters.

For your size requirement, the biggest we have in the alphanumerics is our
LK404-25. In our graphics, not quite 7" but our biggest, are monochromatic GLK240128-25 / GLT240128-25 or our full colour TFT display GTT480272A.

You will need to have a host / PC that will control and send the data / intelligence to the display.
Or, we also offer design services, where we can skip the host / PC and create an all in one solution for you.
Thanks for the reply. Are you able to tell me if i could get the digital reading and flow rate to the lcd and what i would possibly need? The pressure of the water is anything up to 2 bar, obviously the water has to go somewhere and cant go anywhere near the electrics.

any ideas on the best way to do this?

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

You are going to have to interface your input (sensors) with electronics to figure out the flow rate and interpret that to data (digital reading) to send to the display. You will need at least a microcontroller to do this (the host I referred to in my last post).

Unfortunately that we do not do, nor offer as part of our design services.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital