Electrical Specifications (General comment), I2C (Specific q

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

KeepItSimpleStupid
LCD?

Electrical Specifications (General comment), I2C (Specific q

Post by KeepItSimpleStupid »

I've looked through a lot of your documentation and Vhigh and Vlow levels and sourcing and sinking currents don't seem to be well defined.

Can, for instance the I2C buss be pulled up to 3.3V or must 5V be used and level translators be employed?

PET PIEVE

My feeling is that any pin, that a customer is going to interface with, the customer needs to be provided with an EQUIVALENT CIRCUIT. Note, I did not say schematic.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Simple,

The Phillips I2C Standard states that the SCL and SDA lines "are pulled-up to the logic ‘high’ level by resistors connected to a single positive supply". That document also has a great deal of information regarding interfacing circuits that didn't fit into the Wikipedia article. It's a very informative read for anyone who wants to know a little more about employing an I2C protocol in their design.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

ruchita
LCD?

Re: Electrical Specifications (General comment), I2C (Specific q

Post by ruchita »

The Phillips I2C Standard expresses that the SCL and SDA lines "are dismantled up to the rationale ‘high’ level by resistors associated with a solitary positive supply". That record additionally has a lot of data with respect to interfacing circuits that didn't fit into the Wikipedia article. It's an exceptionally educational perused for any individual who needs to discover somewhat more about utilizing an I2C convention in their plan.