how many screens with USB

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

firehorse
LCD Geek

Post by firehorse »

Hi,
I'm posting here as I need info on different screens, and not post multiple times the same question under different screen models. Hope its its ok.

How many :
1) LK202-25-USB-R
2) GX24064-TCI-BBI
3) VK202-25-R

can be connected to a USB hub (powered of course) ?

can they all be on one hub or will it be required to assign 'specialty' ports ?

regards,
Adrian

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Adrian,

The USB standard limits the number of devices on a single bus to 127 , that will be the limit for all of the displays mentioned. I see you understand the power requirements, I believe the standard for max power is 500mA, so you may have to employ one or more hubs. Take a look at the electrical specs at the back of each manual to understand how much power they are expected to draw. Each unit will create it's own port on the bus, so you can connect more than one display to the same hub; power will be your limiting factor.

Also, each unit will have to be controlled, meaning you will have to run multiple instances of a control program such as LCDC.

It will be tricky in practice, but in theory, the basic answer to your question is 127.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

firehorse
LCD Geek

Post by firehorse »

OK, thanks..

windy138
LCD?

Post by windy138 »

Clark wrote:Hi Adrian,

The USB standard limits the number of devices on a single bus to 127 , that will be the limit for all of the displays mentioned. I see you understand the power requirements, I believe the standard for max power is 500mA, so you may have to employ one or more hubs. Take a look at the electrical specs at the back of each manual to understand how much power they are expected to draw. Each unit will create it's own port on the bus, so you can connect more than one display to the same hub; power will be your limiting factor.

Also, each unit will have to be controlled, meaning you will have to run multiple instances of a control program such as LCDC.

It will be tricky in practice, but in theory, the basic answer to your question is 127.

~Troy

=====> thank troy so much :X
It help me so much
-------------------------
Website Development