Need a temp monitor- Which Model(s)?

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

macronyx
LCD?

Need a temp monitor- Which Model(s)?

Post by macronyx »

Hello,

I just registered to ask a few questions. I have been looking for a decent fan controller and temp monitor for a while now but have not found anything which suits my needs. I also am looking for something which I can dim the display backlight for night conditions. I decided that the Matrix Orbital displays have a lot of flexibility to offer so I think this is the best route to go.

I have been looking at the models for some time now and to be honest, am a bit confused! I would like to know which models have the ability to hook a thermister up to to monitor temps. One which also handles fan's would also be nice. Also, I would like to have buttons on the front so that I can cycle through different temps.

Do you guys have any ideas on which display would best suit my needs?

Thank you!

macronyx
LCD?

Post by macronyx »

Since I have not received any replies, do the models above the MX models support the Dallas probes? From what I can tell from this site there is no place to connect these probes to in the newer models?!

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that yes the MX was designed to read our temperature probes and control fans. The bad news is that it has been discontinued.

Many of our other displays do have a 1-wire temperature probe input, but as of right now, none will be able to control a fan.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

macronyx
LCD?

Post by macronyx »

Thanks for the reply Paradigm. I apprecriate it a lot.

I knew that the MX's were discontinued but I wasn't sure if there was another model which compared to it which had replaced the MX's.

Since there are an abundance of MX's still floating around out there I will just go with one of them. This controller seems like the best piece of equiptment to fit my needs.

On a side note, are there any new controllers which will just monitor multiple temps? I need to monitor 4 different areas. Are there any newer controllers which will do this AND have buttons on the front?

Thanks again.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

You can attach 4 temp probes to the MX2/3 and 6 to the MX4/5

HJ
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital