MX212 Cathode hookup

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ehren13
LCD?

MX212 Cathode hookup

Post by ehren13 »

I recently added an MO212 rev 1.4 LCD to my system, and hooked up several inverters to the high powered GPOs. The cathodes are turning on, but are only at about half power...

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the floppy power connecter attached, and the 12V power jumper is in it's default high power position....

Johnny
LCD Guru

Post by Johnny »

The only reason i can think that would cause this are that the particular type of inverters you are using to power your CCFLs require more current? i have 12 CCFLs on 2 MX222s and they are all very bright indeed so i cant really offer any other resolution other than trying a different brand of CCFL and inverter to test?
I prefer to have a bottle in front of me than a full frontal Labotomy!

Check ma Bad, Invisible, Bail making Self!

ehren13
LCD?

Post by ehren13 »

The weird thing is that when I try to turn the GPO's on and off via some commands I made in the ScreenBuilder, nothing happens... The CCFLs stay on, and dimly lit, with no change during the GPO toggle...

I even tried plugging the ccfls directly into 12V power, instead of through the Matrix, and they're not stuck at this dim setting. I wonder if the MO damaged the inverter somehow...

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Can you check to make sure the GPO's are acting accordingly with fans? Turn them on/off, etc... :-?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

ehren13
LCD?

Post by ehren13 »

Yeah, I pulled the CCFLs out shortly after I made the first post, just in case. Now, I'm having bigger problems... last night, after rebooting my computer, LCDC started up, then the computer locked up, and my speakers started emitting a high pitched whine. I disconnected the MO and stopped LCDC from starting up, and that solved the problem.

Now, whenever I try hooking the MO back up and starting LCDC, I get the same problem. Any ideas?

I thought about trying some things, like reinstalling the software, but didn't want to potentially damage the MO... It was running so nicely up until tonight! Err, except for the CCFL thing.. but still.

Any help is appreciated!

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

When the unit is attached, what is shown in the device manager? Try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers... :-?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital