How good is the Customer Service? Let me tell you.....

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

McGreggor
LCD Geek

How good is the Customer Service? Let me tell you.....

Post by McGreggor »

More often then not, companies but alot of effort into creating, marketing and producing their products, but let their customers down through bad customer service when something goes wrong. For all you people reading this who are yet to purchase products from M.O, let me assure you their customer service is FANTASTIC! :D

I recently bought an LCD unit, the LK204-24-USB and was very chuffed with it! Then after a couple of week or so, I had to send this mail below when things all went a bit pear shaped....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Miles,

I'm sorry to have to report I shall be needing a replacement unit. I have been using the LCD just fine the last few days, playing around with my demo of LCDC. I was just testing out the FRAPS plugin, loading up a game. The display was on and working, (powered by the usb cable solely) and as my game loaded the LCD faded out to black sharply. I quit the game and found windows had found a new usb device, unrecognized. I clicked finish, and it did the same thing, found a new unrecognized device. A third time as well... now I appreciate this does sound like buggy windows... but I then went about spending the afternoon making sure it wasn’t a windows related problem. I uninstalled MO drivers through add&remove programs, All other USB devices, the USB itself.. restarted and installed everything back on with restarts after each one, with v1.1 drivers. No luck, the screen was completely dead, didn’t even show your logo as windows was loading which it did the moment I first plugged in the USB before I first put any drivers on. So I'm pretty sure its faulty at this point, but I thought I'd try to power the unit via unmodified floppy cable just to see if that has any luck.. I unplugged the usb cable connected to the back of the LCD and connected the floppy power cable. Now I knew there was no chance of comms with the LCD, but I was looking just to see if there was any life on windows boot-up. As soon as the computer power was switched on, BANG! One of the resistors or other such components fried. :( Very sure its broken now... I am quite disappointed that it’s gone wrong really, but I understand with electrical devices this happens sometimes.
Please let me know what exactly I should put in the package to return to you, and let me know as to what arrangements are made for collection. Or will you just send a replacement unit to me? Also, I ordered the two slot mounting bracket with this screen, which I never actually needed, would it be possible to return this to you for a refund if I do have to return the LCD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after a few emails back and forth asking questions, sending pics of the fried components, which turned out to be a capacitor, I sent the unit back off to MO. I was surprised when i didnt have to pay for this shipping, alot of companies say you got to send it back to claim a warranty, take hard drive RMA's for example. So the unit was looked at, repaired and sent back to me in the UK in about 7-10 days! Great service, at no cost to the customer! You simply cannot get any better customer service, well done M.O! 8)

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

All I can is thank you, we do our best. Miles deserves a raise for doing such a fantastic job !
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

NaMeChAnGeCoW
LCD?

Post by NaMeChAnGeCoW »

I had great dealings with Miles too, but personally I prefer to bug Henry.

If you are serious about how much you enjoyed doing buisness with matrix orbital, may i suggest you visit this page: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3132.html and rate them as a company. (A little raiting can go a long way)
|| AMD 2400+ @ 2205Ghz FSB @ 400Mhz || Chaintech 7NJS nForce 2 || 512Mb Corsair XMS Pc3500 ||
|| ATI Radeon 9700Pro || 3DMark01 SE: 15,762 - 3DMark03: 4,966 ||

McGreggor
LCD Geek

Post by McGreggor »

Vistied, and rated!
I'm sure alot of other satisfied MO users would add their views if they knew about that site/link. I was surprised theres only 4 reviews there.