Protocol Manual Clarification...

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

Soinclined
LCD?

Protocol Manual Clarification...

Post by Soinclined »

Hi,

Page 2 of the Manual (GTT38) says that if I type in 72, 101, etc the display will write "Hello".

It doesn't, it just repeats the number sequence as I type it.

I am doing this with Hyperterm, by the way. I am open to believing I've got it misconfigured.

I think I'm in the wrong mode or something but I don't know how to change modes.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Engineering: It's like math, but louder!

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Protocol Manual Clarification...

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Soinclined,

To clarify, the values given on page 2 of the manual are raw decimal byte values. If you take a look at an ASCII table, you will see that the decimal byte values provided in the manual, 72, 101, 108, 108, and 111 correspond to the ASCII letters 'H', 'e', 'l', 'l', and 'o' respectively.

When the GTT receives raw byte data, it will translate the data using ASCII encoding, and proceed to print that ASCII data on screen.

As far as I know, Hyperterminal only allows ASCII characters to be sent, making it difficult to test the GTT. You'll be able to print characters on the GTT's screen, but it may be difficult to test commands as you won't be able to send raw decimal data.

I suggest you try out RealTerm as an alternative. Real Term will allow you to send Raw Data or ASCII data.

Cheers,
Dan
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Soinclined
LCD?

Re: Protocol Manual Clarification...

Post by Soinclined »

That did it!

I'm ashamed to admit I had already tried RealTerm, but I didn't have the Send Tab set up correctly.

User Error Strikes Again! lol

Thank you!!!
Engineering: It's like math, but louder!