N00b Question...

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

Soinclined
LCD?

N00b Question...

Post by Soinclined »

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been dealt with, I could not find it in the archives.

I'm on Day 2 of this display, impressed thus far. I cannot, however, figure out how I'm giving myself this artifact, pictured here:
artifact.jpg
artifact.jpg (150.35 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
Any idea would be appreciated.
Engineering: It's like math, but louder!

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: N00b Question...

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Soinclined,

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you are enjoying your new GTT.

The blank box artifacts that you are seeing on your screen are usually due to null values being sent to the display. In the past, some customers have added additional null terminators in their code when it was not necessary, and blank white boxes were drawn on their screen.

What command/data packet are you sending to make these boxes appear?

Cheers,
Dan
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Soinclined
LCD?

Post by Soinclined »

This was all done with the GTT Designer, I have a SBC that I am going to use but first I wanted to get familiar with your tools.

The buttons I set up are Rectangular Text Toggles. The artifact goes away with the first toggle and does not return until a reboot. This is why I was calling it an artifact, it doesn't interfere with functionality. It's just there. Once you see it, you can't unsee it, but it goes away with the refresh from a toggle.

Maybe it's just a GTT Designer thing and I won't see this in actual use. Either way it isn't the end of the world.
Engineering: It's like math, but louder!

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Soinclined,

I understand you have noted an artifact that appears on your GTT after a reboot. Daniel is correct, it is likely that a stray character is being sent to the screen, perhaps from a string or an unrecognized command.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, would you be able to zip up your project folder and share it?

Thank you,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital