GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

Lenny
LCD!

Separate region and coordinate response areas

Post by Lenny »

Hi folks,

Is there an easy way to do the following:
Have four buttons that have a reporting style of RegionUpDown, and another area of the display where the reporting style is CoordMoveUpDown?
At the moment, it seems I can only have one or the other.

In my application, I have four buttons, and a sliding volume control, made up of 18 images. The volume level determines which image is displayed.
To adjust the volume, I want to touch, then drag left or right, then release. This works fine, but then if I touch a button, I don't get the button down image showing.
A work around is that I could get the host micro to tell the LCD to display the button down image, then the button up image if the reported coordinates are within the button area, as I already have to tell the LCD to draw the appropriate volume slider image depending on coordinates in that area, but the less overheads the micro has the better.
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Separate region and coordinate response areas

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Lenny,

At the moment, only one reporting style can be selected at a time. You are able to switch between the two reporting styles at any time during operation, but that may affect the unit's functionality.

I understand you are using 18 images along with coordinate reports to simulate a sliding volume control. Have you taken a look at the Touch Slider commands available on the GTT? You may be required to update your GTT firmware in order to have access to the slider commands, but they might make development a little easier for you.

The GTT Slider is still considered a region, and therefore you won't have to worry about switching between two different reporting styles during operation. In addition, there will be less overhead on your Microcontroller's side, as the GTT will update the slider image as you interact with it. The command also allows you to choose how many positions are available, so you adjust the slider range to your liking.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Lenny
LCD!

Post by Lenny »

Hi Daniel,

Yeah I spotted the slider function, but didn't like the graphic :)
It'd be good if you could implement different reporting styles for different regions in a future firmware update.
Meanwhile, by getting the host micro to tell the LCD to change button images to show a button press, I'll be able to proceed. Just means more coding for me, which is fine 'cos it's fun... :D
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Lenny,

There is also a image slider option available! You just need to upload two images to your GTT in order to use it. One image will represent the slider, and another image will represent the slider button. You can take a look at the example images below.
Button.png
Button.png (20.75 KiB) Viewed 9449 times
Slider.png
Slider.png (3.2 KiB) Viewed 9449 times
Slider and Slider Button.png
Slider and Slider Button.png (1.49 KiB) Viewed 9449 times
Good luck on your development :)

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital