Predefined software setup

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

delshay
LCD!

Predefined software setup

Post by delshay »

is it possible to have a few predefined software setup, so that all the end user has to do is drop this onto the SD Card? Like someone who posted in another thread.

some user(s) may struggle to config this display. just basic stuff like what CPUZ,GPUZ would display and motherboard sensors.

I just got this display and I have not started how to config it yet, but just powered it up only, Beautiful Display.

This display is replacing nmedia display which has software already setup to display motherboard, CPU & others.

Can we have the same please?
Last edited by delshay on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

delshay
LCD!

Re: Predefined software setup

Post by delshay »

I also think this would improve sales of this nice display if Predefined software was available. some user maybe put off from buying this including me as it looks a little complex to set-up.

I have taken on the challenge to have a go setting this up, but would much prefer a basic set-up with installer then take on the challenge of more complex setup.

I had to read another thread just to find out how to install the driver, but it was something I missed in the manual. Is it not possible to have a installer after the display is attached?

GTT display ( USB Version )

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Delashay,

Thanks for posting in the forum!

Setting up a GTT to display specific data from your PC System is very possible. You can use the GTT Designer tool that we provide here :http://matrixorbital.ca/gtt-software to easily develop an interface, then write a block of code extracting system information you want, and send it to the GTT to be displayed.

Although we may be able to create predefined software as you described, we try to focus on developing software, such as GTT Designer, that makes it easier for our customers to develop screens for their display. Many of our customers purchase our displays to be integrated into their products, or projects and because of this, it is important that our displays are easy to use, and development process is quick and easy.

As you can understand, developing specific software that grabs PC information (such as CPU and GPU data) and displays it on the GTT is only useful for a very niche audience. Our goal is for the GTT Designer to reach a point where a user can develop screens and scripts within the designer itself. This will allow a user to easily create screens, and write scripts to gather information and more, all within the GTT Designer software. As of now, we are still fleshing out and adding features to the designer that will help us get to this point.

With regards to the driver, the driver is necessary to properly communicate to the display. Therefore, if we loaded the driver installer on the GTT, it wouldn't be able to install itself, since communication cannot properly be established. That said, you will only ever have to install the driver once. Any other -USB displays (Other than the GX) that you connect to your PC should be recognized once plugged in.

All that being said, I look forward to hearing about your progress on development, and I think a lot of our customers would like to see the program you develop, especially other buyers who don't know where to start. If you have any questions during your development, please feel free to ask.I'll try to help as much as I can. I'm sure many others on the forum would like to see your succeed, and can provide some assistance. Good luck!

Kind regards,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

delshay
LCD!

Post by delshay »

I think I am going to need someone to write a Predefined software set-up for the GTT38A. I think something that is usable other than a demo will help sell more of this type of display for PC user(s).

Most "PC" users just want to install hardware/software and not mess around with programming like myself. As pointed out already, more complex
set-up can be done at a later time as user get more familiar with this display.

Perhaps Logitech ARX Control can support this display. I will ask Logitech if their can do this.

http://www.legitreviews.com/logitech-g9 ... w_157800/4

and here is what what needs to be displayed on GTTxxx

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/2610-lo ... d-tablets/