Buffer Indexs

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

djvoss
LCD!

Buffer Indexs

Post by djvoss »

In Gtt Protocol Manual it states there are 4 Buffer Types: Animation, Bitmap, 9-Slices, Fonts.

However, there are many references to Buffer Index without any reference to the Type:
Text Lable
Write Scratch Pad
Define Bargraph
Define 9-slice bargraph
Trace index
Touch Region index
Clear all Touch Regions
Creat Scripted Key

It would be nice if there were a way to set an index Active/Inactive without having to completely reprogram the index. I have over 60 Touch indexes but only a set group is active at any one time.

Don

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Buffer Indexs

Post by Tino »

Hi Don,

There are 4 types of buffers which are stated.

The references you listed are not of any of the buffer types. These are just indexes, the manual I see is not very clear on this and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. I will be placing a request to have the manuals updated and corrected.

Thank you
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital
Technical Support Representative

djvoss
LCD!

Post by djvoss »

Martino,
If the listed commands use an index, are these indexs all of the same group? IE if I use index = 10, then I cannot use it again? Or are there Touch indexes and bargraph indexes such that I can have a Touch index = 10 and Bargraph index = 10?

Thanks
Don

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi Don,

Yes they are separate indexes.

Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital

djvoss
LCD!

Post by djvoss »

Martino,
Let me be sure of the definition of indexes. There are te four listed Buffer Index Types: Animation,Bitmap,9-Slice, and Fonts.
I then find the following indexes used:
Read/Write ScratchPad
Copy Screen Rectangle
Plain Bargraph
9-Slice Bargraph
Trace
Touch Region
Creat a Sripted Region
Creat a Scripted key

Are each of these totally seperate?

If I clear all Buffer indexes, are all indexes in this clear?
If I clear Touch regions, does this include scripted? Does it include scripted key?

I am in the process of orgainzing my software and hope to off load as much as I can to the LCD graphics procssor.

Thanks for your help.
Don

Tino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tino »

Hi Don,

You are correct they are totally separate. The four listed buffers (Animation,Bitmap,9-Slice, and Fonts) will clear when you send the "Clear All Buffers" command.

To Clear touch regions you will need to send the "Clear A Touch Region" or C"Clear All Touch Regions". This will work for Scripted regions as well.

Scripted Key does not have a command that clears the keys at the moment. You can reassign keys as a work around though.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are currently looking at the this.

Thank you
Martino
Martino DeLeon
Matrix Orbital