Using the display GTT 480 272A

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

elt.muxeu
LCD?

Using the display GTT 480 272A

Post by elt.muxeu »

Good afternoon. I started working with display GTT 480272A and I have a number of issues.

1. How is assigned an index buffers, areas of touch screen, pictures, animations, histograms? Their sets the programmer or defined by default?

2. How can I trace the relationship between the buffer and the information placed in the buffer? If you can, with a specific example.

3. Explain how to create a region file for touch screen and, if possible, give an example.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Elt.Muxeu,

The GTT protocol manual has a number of file examples, I would recommend taking a quick glance through it.

The index parameter of a command is specified by the programmer, you will set the indices of files loaded into buffers. Since the programmer will load the files and set the indices, it is assume he or she will know what is in the buffers; unfortunately, there is no way to read the contents of a buffer.

If you have any further questions after implementing commands as listed in the manual, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

elt.muxeu
LCD?

Post by elt.muxeu »

Hello.

Came another question.

Put the SD card into the computer and file not found the AutoExec

AutoExec where should it be?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Elt.Muxeu,

The autoexec is a binary file that you create, it should be stored in the root directory of the SD card (not in a folder). You can use GTT support tools to create a binary file, but be sure that it does not have an extension when you save it to the SD card.

You can also move the communication jumper to the A position to connect to the SD card via the Mass Storage USB header on-board.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

elt.muxeu
LCD?

Post by elt.muxeu »

Hello Clark.

Question about animation.

Where to get the index buffer, which contains the files most animation for the command DISPLAY ANIMATION (254 193)?

After the command START ANIMATION (254 194) appears on the display "Waiting for debug commands".

What am I doing wrong?

Sincerely, elt.muxeu.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Elt.Muxeu,

To create an animation you will start with a text file that lists a number of image filenames as well as the length of time to show each on the screen. You will then upload the animation file as well as all of the image files to GTT SD memory.

When all of the files are loaded, you can issue the load animation command to move the animation file and all image files into RAM. Once the animation is loaded you can issue the start animation command using the index number you specified when you issued the load command.

Check out the manual for more information and don't hesitate to post if you continue to have trouble with animation commands.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

elt.muxeu
LCD?

Post by elt.muxeu »

Hello, Clark.

I have still problems.
I will try to describe what I'm doing.

I, for work with display, while that using GTT Tools Support.

I downloaded previously on the SD card animation files in bmp, and text file descriptor, which describes how to call and the demonstration files.

To download an animation using the following command:
1. Load Animation (254 192), where the index assign animation and prescribe a path to a text file-descriptor.
2. Display Animation (254 193), to specify an index of animation, the coordinates X / Y, and buffer. That buffer is not clear is the buffer which contains Pictures Animation (file extension bmp) or something else? Please explain.
3. Start/Stop Animation (254 194). After this command, nothing happens on the screen, nothing appears.

Sincerely, elt.muxeu

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Elt.Muxeu,

The steps you have taken to display an animation appear correct, but I will admit that the GTT Support Tool is slightly more confusing than the manual when it comes to indices.

When you Load an Animation (254 192) you will specify a buffer index along with the filename.

When you Display an Animation (254 193) you will first use the buffer index, and then specify an animation number to be used.

Finally, when you Start an Animation (254 194) you will use the animation number.

I hope that clears things up with regard to displaying animations. One note regarding your animation file, the times specified will be in 20ms intervals rather than 1ms, so a time of 10 will actually display an image for 200ms.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital