Is it possible to divide display area in to 2 parts?

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

pradipsangani
LCD!

Is it possible to divide display area in to 2 parts?

Post by pradipsangani »

Hi,

Is it possible to divide display area in to 2 parts? 1 for text dispaly and other one for dispalying an image (having touch regions for entering user inputs).

Regards,
Pads
Pads

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Pads,

While there is no specific command to divide the GTT screen, you can size your bitmaps before loading them onto memory to ensure they only use a portion of the screen. The set text insertion point command will allow you to consistently place text in a known location, and you can draw a filled rectangle to erase text.

We will bring text windows to the unit in a future firmware upgrade that will make it easy to create and maintain a defined text box on the screen, but division with the existing command set is definitely possible.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

pradipsangani
LCD!

What is the unit of X and Y co-ordinate input?

Post by pradipsangani »

Hi,

1) What is the unit of inputs X-Y coordinate, Width and Height for the command "Set Text Window"?

2) I wish to have touch regions for numerical keys 0-9.
What would be advisable methods out of the following 2 for bitmaps creation?
a) Create bitmap for each numeric key separately or
b) Create all the keys in a single bitmap

I have doubt on this because the command for "Create A Touch Region" needs inputs for "Up" and "Down" bitmaps. So, if i create a single bitmap for all the keys then pressing a perticular touch region might have to display the whole bitmap (all the keys, with only a single key pressed) again for the "Down" when the touch region is pressed.

Can you please help on this? I might be wrong conceptully.
Pads

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Pads,

1) X,Y, Width, and Height parameters for the Set Text Window command are pixel values (0 to 479 in the X direction and 0 to 271 in the Y plane).

2) Go with separate bitmaps. I would recommend starting with one set of up/down images for all the buttons then individualizing each simply by writing text on top.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital