Load Bitmap to Buffer Command does not find file

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

match_head
LCD?

Load Bitmap to Buffer Command does not find file

Post by match_head »

I've seen this topic come up multiple times without resolution.
After loading the file "00.bmp" which is a 470x272 24-bit color 376KB bitmap into the SD card's root directory. I run the command sequence:

To which the LCD replies:
252 95 00 01 00

About my setup:
I have the LCD connected to a PIC through the serial TTL connection. The display functions properly when characters and other commands are sent. I have loaded other pictures into the SD card including a much smaller version of the file "00.GIF" and other small files such as "01.bmp". When I try loading those, I am met with the same response.

One thing that I am not clear about is the maximum size of the buffer. It may be mentioned somewhere in the manuals, but after searching I could not find it. What is the size of the buffer?

I know the manual says only BMP JPEG (RGB) and GIF files are supported, but there are many types of those files. Are there any restrictions? 24-bit 8 bit 1 bit? JPEG compression ratios, etc?

The mass storage jumper's state is not defined in the manuals for regular communications for the serial version of the display. I have left it unpopulated as it came in the box. How should it be connected?

Thanks

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

That was a known issue we resolved a while ago, grab the latest firmware upgrde from here the firmware upgrade manual also covers the use of the mass storage jumper.

match_head
LCD?

Thanks

Post by match_head »

I loaded Firmware R1.1.0.3081 and everything works!
Thanks for the quick response.

Two questions:
What is the size of the buffer?

Are there any restrictions of the types of BMP, JPEG (RGB only), and GIF files loaded into the buffer?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Well jpg already lists the restriction (no cymk support, rgb only), bmp should have no restrictions, animated gifs will only give you the first frame, if you want to use animations you'd have to use our build in animation system.

Generally although the unit supports jpg just fine I mostly tend to lean towards using gif (where possible the 256 color limit on the gif format is a bit annoyig at times) or bmp's since they require less cpu power to decode then a jpg.